Chapter 21: Don't Give Up On Us

BEAUTIFUL cover to the side is by the wonderful Badgieboss <3

Song to the side is "I Won't Give Up" by Jason Mraz. It really goes with the chapter, especially near the end. Ignore typos and weird mistakes, enjoy :) 

* * * * * * *

The entire ride was filled with complete silence. We managed to breakaway with no other struggles – you know, besides gracefully falling onto Adrian as I descended down an old tree in order to escape to a place I have no clue to where we're going – and slip away quickly.

Luckily, Adrian didn't bring his fancy car with him with the slightly higher amount of people, and we ended up making our escape with a regular looking family convertible.

It slightly satisfied my need for complete normalcy.

With the radio off, the only noise surrounding us was the light hum of the car as it advanced forward. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence, but there was a touch of tension in the air.

I let my eyes watch the passing scenery from outside the car window, while as Adrian kept his gaze focused on the road ahead. My phone was left behind, seeing as I didn't bring an necessities with me on this nighttime getaway.

Guilt lightly nudged my conscious as I thought of my everyone – excluding Thomas, who is probably only interested in Adrian's location that may lure paparazzi – and my hand flew to my necklace to fiddle with it out of habit.

It was Thanksgiving, and where was I?  Away without either of our parents' knowledge. Emma and Kelly were going to flip shit, leaving them with Thomas all of a sudden.

"Adrian, I think we should go back," I suggested timidly, turning to face him. As much as I'm angry with Thomas' words, I didn't want to leave my family hanging. I'd rather endure his criticism than get in trouble for ditching Thanksgiving dinner because I got sensitive, and Adrian felt that he needed to 'talk.' Our couch is worthy place to have a talk!

Adrian spared me a quick glance before turning back to the road. "No. We need to talk." He said.

"What's wrong with talking at my house?" I questioned.

"I just need to be alone with you."

Is my room not an option? We could always result to locking ourselves in the bathroom, or sitting out in the backyard. "But – "

"Macey," He interrupted, "Please."

Something about his firm and unwavering tone had my mouth clamping shut instantly, and we were succumbed in complete and utter silence once again.

I took a deep breath upon seeing the beach front. It sat right next to the boardwalk, but not as many people were spending the holiday there. Without a word, Adrian opened the car door and stepped out, slamming it closed behind him. He gestured for me to do the same, and I did.

I stepped into the cool air and walked by his side. He reached for my hand and lead me down, slowly, to the sand covered ground.

Thoughts ran through my head as I tried to conjure up what Adrian wanted to talk about exactly. There were plenty of things to talk about between us. From Cara Pratt's banquet to what Thomas said about our ridiculous 'puppy love.' 

My blood boiled at the thought. Though I know it shouldn't, his words had me rethinking everything between Adrian and I. Was everything between us really just a stupid little crush? Adrian's been my crush since we were kids. Maybe it's something that should fade and fade for good instead of coming back four years after he disappeared out of my life.