Chapter 25: Chicken Soup Can't Heal a Heart Break

You guys make me so happy <3 The support last chapter *tears*

Okay, you must check out this undiscovered gem that I stumbled across recently called "Valentine's Day" by beliefs. I know it's past V-day, but it's absolutely lovely and amazing. . . and it has like 12 reads, like wtf? No. Unacceptable, so you should check it out. Cool? Cool. Explanation for the bear on the side comes later, ignore weird mistakes and typos, enjoy <3 xx 

* * *

Can you imagine what has been playing through my mind as I lay here, staring at the ceiling?

Tiny, furious cavemen decide to sneak into your room at night with their giant wooden sticks slung over their shoulders. Bare-feet and as big as big foot, they begin to march into your ear and towards your brain. From there, they start to take out their personal anger onto your poor brain by taking multiple swings with no intention of stopping.

Now, add a horrible storm in your stomach, invisible corks being stuffed into both your nostrils, your whole body becoming a bunsen burner, jelly limbs, and the end result of a jackhammer on your heart, and that is the exact description on how I've been feeling since I pried my crusty eyes open the next morning.

I tried sitting up, and then the world beginning to spin uncontrollably forced me to establish a great bond with the bed I currently lie on. Other than that, the birds are chirping, the sun is shining, and loud arguing is going on in the hall! It's starting off to be a very lovely day, indeed.

Okay. Sarcasm aside, with the way I'm feeling, this bed will sooner or later become my death bed.

It took a herculean effort to haul myself in a sitting position, and even then I felt like I was going to pass out. I didn't realize I locked the door after my episode last night until light knocking was heard after shouting could no longer be heard.

I whimpered at the simple noise. Why can't the world shut up and leave me in my misery?

"Mace?" a voice called out gently. "Are you alright?"

"Are you alive is more the question you should be asking," someone said.

Opening my mouth up to shoo them off with a nasty remark, words fail me as a throaty cough almost has me hacking up a lung. Well, at least they got their answer. I could practically see the cringe using my x-ray vision that my ill state has given me. Right, so, no x-ray vision. But I'm almost sure they're cringing at my tuberculosis-like cough.

"Can you reach the door and unlock it?" Brynn asked through the door.

"Do you want me to faint as I try?"

Quick silence, and then, "Tell Kelly to go get the key before Macey dies in there," Amber ordered.

"I don't think that'll happen considering she's planning her own brother's death," Dylan replied casually. I stared blankly at the door, feeling a pang in my already broken heart. One of the tiny men must have moved on to jumping on the broken shards. Little bastard.