Knowing is only half the battle!

The chapel stood still as the snow above the mountains flew across within a soft breeze. The mood seemed calm, in spite of what was going on beyond the gates.

Inside the building was the same ambience, the Exorcists carried on with their studies, training, and jobs like a normal day. The instructors were never told about the Hell Walker dilemma and believed nothing was wrong. They were kept in the dark about what was going on inside the Elder's meeting room, but the teachers were shocked about Amy and Kearney being assigned together with no other backup. The Royal Cross usually deployed squads in a minimum group of four. The lack of another pair of students was odd, but they learned to never question the motives of the Elders.

One of the many rooms was decorated with paintings that were done within the building. The Second Elder sat alone in the center of the room with a canvas facing the only window inside. The clinking sound of his brush tapping on a glass of water echoed inside the room.

"You seemed bothered with something." He said to the quiet figure standing behind him.

"Was I obvious?" The figure revealed himself to be the Fourth Elder.

"I heard you walk in about five minutes ago," The Second Elder, "Should I be worried about something?"

"You should be," The Fourth Elder stood right next to the Second, "Kayden can and will kill them whenever he chooses."

"Is that what you told Amy?"

"I told her for her own safety. A man like that cannot be trusted once evil has touched them.

Although, I don't know why you have such confidence for him."

"You assume I'm up to something?" The Second Elder never stood up even with the accusation, "By all means, indulge me."

"How long have you known about the dark energy?"

"If by known, you mean studying, then about two weeks prior."

"When were you planning on telling us?" The Fourth Elder clenched his fist.

"I was hoping to understand it within that short time frame, but I was--"

"You fool!" The Fourth lifted the Second Elder by his collar, "What did you find?!"

"Nothing!" The Second Elder escaped his grasp, "All my searches have been fruitless."

"Then you better hope you know what you're doing with this plan of yours!" The Fourth fixed his sleeves.

"Don't worry," The Second sat back down on his seat and continued to paint, "All you need to do is act natural and allow the Exorcists to get the answers we need."

"I don't know what's going on in that head of yours, but I'll be keeping tabs of my own." The Fourth made his way out of the room, but was stopped by the Second's words.

"Very well," The Second said, "Oh, and how did you know that I had already known about the evil energy?"

This paused the Fourth's steps for a moment, but resumed his exit.

The Second's brush continued stroking down a red color across the canvas. He smugly smirked as he dipped his brush inside the water with the red paint oozing out of the brush as if it was bleeding from a deep wound.

The air of the chapel grew tense and vexing, and it seemed the Second Elder was the only one who noticed.

"I pray they find him." He sighed to himself.