Could've used a pun...at least

The duo rushed to locate the other missing Elders. They heard the blows landing back and forth. One louder than the last as each step advanced the halls.

"It sounds bad." Kearney looked over to Amy.

"I really hope the Elders have it under control." Amy said.

The pair could see a figure swaying from side to side dodging a red beam of hellfire.

As the they got closer, the shadowed figures revealed to be Eveo combating the Third and Fourth Elder. He was holding his own against the Elders and it didn't look pretty. He easily dodged and countered their attacks with his demonic speed while taunting him with small laughs.

"How do we do this?" Amy whispered to Kearney. They never faced a lead demon in their short careers of being Exorcists. Their powers could be infinitely powerful for all they know, but at this rate, Kearney and Amy can't let that interfere with their mission of rescuing the Elders.

"I aim high," Amy readied herself, "You aim low."

"Agreed." Kearney followed suit.

They charged at Eveo with their animosity turned up to the max. Their speeds were advanced, but not as fast as Eveo, who anticipated their moves. He held them in their steps with his telekinesis and began his own flurry of attacks on their frozen bodies. Their lack of movements prevented them from defending themselves from his assault. No matter how hard the impact was, their bodies stayed in place to continue receiving his attacks.

"You kids," Eveo scoffed, "You always thought you were ahead of the curve, but just as I thought. The both of you can't cut it. I thought you children would be able to put up some kind of a fight."

"Ignore him!" The Fourth Elder winced. His hand clutched onto his wounded arm tightly. He struggled to stand up and aid his students. All he could do was watch as they were mercilessly beaten.

"Where's the Second Elder?!" Amy struggled to say.

"That's him!" The Third Elder shouted.

Her eyes opened wide as the last hit sent her flying across the hall.

"I wasn't worried about you monkeys figuring that out." Eveo transformed back into the Second Elder persona and taunted the Exorcists. They were being visited by a mole and they never knew.

"I was wrong," The Fourth Elder sighed, "Kayden wasn't the one we should've kept tabs on. It was that squirrelly bastard!"

"Language." Eveo shifted back.The demon followed his words with a kick to the hot-headed Elder's chest. The recovered Kearney dived toward the Fourth Elder to soften the landing.The demon was ready to end their existences in one powerful swoop.

"We can't take him on like this!" Kearney winced with his body struggling to stand back up, "We're going to need Kayden!"

~ ~ ~

A loud slam echoed through the halls. Kayden struggled to stand up from the assault. The demon struck him down with a flurry of kicks. All making contact toward the young exile; he struggled to defend himself, but the pain was too much for him. He winced whenever he raised his arms and yelled whenever he got struck. This was not familiar to him. Someone who was feared to be immortal and all-powerful finally met his match, or superior.

Icarus flew too close to the sun.

"How did my son lose to you?!" Valac stood over the fallen Kayden.

"I'm starting to ask myself the same thing." Kayden winced from the damage. He couldn't feel his abdomen, which was starting to bruise heavily. He slowly reached toward his keychain and held to it tightly.

Valac held up the defenseless former exorcist.

His eyes still red from anger over his now-deceased son. He clenched Kayden's throat ready to end his life in a swift second. The young man struggled to say something. He mumbled enough to drive Valac's interest. Thus, the demon drew his victim closer to his chest. Kayden kept his distance by putting his hand on the demon's abdomen.

"I see," Valac grinned, "What are your last words?"

"What's black, white, and covered in blood?" Kayden struggled to ask with Valac's hand tightened around his throat.

"What are you babbling--"

"A panda in your chest cavity!" Kayden summoned his sword from the his panda keychain. The sword drove through the demon's chest in a brutal fashion. Valac dropped the weakened young man back on his feet.

"Damn you!" Valac screamed in agony, "Damn you!"

Kayden raised his hand and created a blue flame around his forearm. He extended his palm and projected the energy toward his foe, setting him aflame. Valac's scream grew inhumane, disturbing, and bestial. Kayden merely limped past him to pick up the wounded First Elder. He painted the walls with his blood while Valac continued to incinerate behind him, roaring away his last breath.

"Damn," Kayden said to himself while he held up the First Elder, "That was a bad joke."

"I agree." The First Elder weakly said.