End

The sun shined over the horizon ignoring the near catastrophe that could've happened. Kayden walked through the snow-covered stone floors, drawing his breath slowly, and exhaling in the comfort he's been trying to locate for so long. He didn't feel at home. He wasn't going to be looked at as one of them.

But he was okay with that. He accepted it. A necessary evil to combat the unnecessary wickedness that may decide to return.

Amy and Kearney looked at him with an gaze of acceptance. They learned that sometimes what they learn is not what they will experience. They were told this person was the devil in the flesh, the heart of megiddo, or some tool from hell. Yet, they witnessed a person who was more than willing to sacrifice himself to save the same people who turned their backs on him. They knew that something unexplainable followed the "Hell Walker", something divine. Even if Kayden doesn't want to admit it, but there is someone above who doesn't want to see him go yet.

"So what now!?" Amy yelled over to Kayden.

"I don't know." Kayden sighed. All he could do was sit on the floor and try to absorb as much peace as he can take before he was casted away to another city, one that didn't get ambushed by Zare and his kin.

"I guess this is where we part." Kearney stood next to Kayden.

"I guess so," Kayden smirked, "You got a good partner, don't take it lightly."

"I don't plan on it." Kearney smiled.

"He's more powerful than I imagined," The First Elder coldly said, "A bit reckless, but powerful nonetheless. "

"I agree." The Fourth Elder added. His attitude toward the Hell Walker changed after the battle. He never expected a person like Kayden would be capable of self-sacrifice and assistance.

"We won't be able to keep an eye on him here," The First Elder walked away with his arms behind his back, "But today we must rebuild and start anew!"

"And we shall release him back into the wild," The Third Elder flicked her cigarette, "The lion cub is now the king of his own pride."

Kayden walked toward the exit of the Royal Cross and looked over to the Elders and his partners. He simply let out a smirk and walked away until the icy mist covered his distant figure.

"That's such an awesome exit." Kearney remarked. The Hell Walker vanished as quickly as he arrived.

"I know." Amy smirked.