The Final Battle!

The group huddled away trying to recoup and gather some second wind before they tried another assault against the demon. Eveo smiled arrogantly and attempted to push forward with his onslaught.

The powerful demon began to breathe deeply as a dark stream of energy as dark as shadows began to surround him.

"Today this ends," The demon snarled, "The beginning of the Exorcists' demise!"

The halls began to shake violently, worse than before. The Exorcists and Elders were caught between falling pillars and the deadly attacks of the demon. They uttered prayers to themselves hoping it will keep them safe enough to fight back. At least with some kind of last, desperate attempt.

Desperation.

Something the Elders never taught, but knew all too well. The last strike that is their final will and testament. A way to leave the world still fighting and refusing to give up. Amy and Kearney had their desperation before when they were in the farm. They were ready to blow themselves up with grenades in order to bring down the demons and prevent them from getting the last blow.

Until the Hell-Walker appeared. He rescued them with pistols, a sword, and a yeti. He would be laughing at the face of Eveo, but they weren't sure if he survived the battle against Valac. He seemed far too powerful and out of the levels of the Elders themselves.

"So who'll it be?!" Eveo shouted arrogantly, "Who will taste my wrath first?!"

As soon as he finished his sentence, a soft plush toy smacked the demon across his face. He stared at the doll with confusion. He picked it up with his sharp fingernails puncturing the inside of the plush.

"What the hell?" Amy whispered to Kearney.

Kearney couldn't find words to describe what they were looking at. He just shrugged.

The plush began to glow in a blue fiery energy and exploded with a powerful blast that sent Eveo skidding across the hall.

Out of the blue flames and smoke emerged Kayden, sword in hand, and a whole lot of tricks left in his sleeve. Desperation wasn't in his vocabulary.

"Neither is losing!" Kayden shouted.

The Exile lunged across the hall and toward his newest opponent, Eveo.

"How did you survive against Valac?!" Eveo blocked Kayden's strike.

"I don't know!"

Amy and Kearney quickly used the distraction to escort the Elders out of the way before any more harm was caused to them.

"We need to get out of here! Now!" Amy directed at her mentors. Kearney was well-prepared with his first-aid skills.

"No way," The Fourth Elder winced, "We need to help him!"

"You can't help him if you're dead!" Kearney found his voice within the frustration, "Get your asses out of here! Now!"

They rushed out to the nearest exit they could find within the raining rubble of their academy. Amy looked back at Kayden and her eyes slowly teared, she hoped she wasn't going to regret her decision of escorting the Elders.

~ ~ ~

The two combatants slammed each other into the walls and laid strikes against each other, one attack after another. They were at a stalemate. Eveo almost limitless supply of stamina while Kayden struggled to find his second wind. It was obvious who had the upper hand, but Kayden managed to convince him that he didn't. Eveo hesitated to make his move which allowed the Exile to quickly lay him with a roundhouse kick to the skull. The blow landed heavily and sounded like a buckshot leaving the barrel of a shotgun.