The Maid

Amy stood outside of the record store face to face against the hulking hell spawn. Catherine stayed inside helping Kearney tend to their wounds. Amy didn't shake in fear, but with drive that she was going to put him down for good. She drew her pistol and waited for his first move.

As she anticipated, his eagerness would make him lunge first and she rapidly fired her pistol into him. Each bullet made their mark, but they weren't enough to take him out. The giant stomped his way to Amy and returned a hit of his own sending the young exorcist toward the record store. The hit may have been fast, but her defenses were quicker. 

"How is this guy powerful?" She turned to Kayden and Kearney, who just shrugged as they bandaged themselves up.

Amy quickly dusted herself off and reached into a clip with a silver cross engraved across it. The bullets were crafted with silver from a holy cross and dipped in holy water—they were a gunslinger exorcist's trump card whenever normal bullets weren't enough. Since Kearney was a medic, he didn't have access to the bullets—this didn't stop Amy from giving him a clip.

"Make them count." Amy cocked back her pistol and made her way back to the fray. The young men bit their tongues and limped their way behind her. The handicap was looking to their favor, but the strength of the beast could prove otherwise.

"Do you think you can stop us?" The stranger growled, "We are forming an unstoppable army and soon heaven or hell won't be able to fight back!"

"You really think your 'King' Satan will let you do something this stupid?" Kayden said.

"My king is Valac!" The creature dropped his fist down to the trio, who all managed to jump out of the way.

"I'll suppress him," Kayden pulled out his twin pistols, "You guys focus on hitting any vital points with those bullets."

Kayden jumped around the demon while he fired his guns with inhuman speed and accuracy. The clips were reloaded as fast as he emptied them, but none was enough to stop the hulking demon. Amy and Kearney used the distraction to shoot at his spine, neck, and hand. The powerful shots were enough to leave wounds, but he quickly shrugged off the pain.

"Do you think that's enough to stop an enforcer of the almighty Valac?!" The demon's growl turned to snarling laugh.

"I thought you were his maid!" Kayden unsheathed his sword and jumped toward one of the wounds by his neck with his intent on opening the wound further. He drove his force downward with his sword deep inside the demon's spine.

The snarling yell of pain echoed through the street. Something out of horror movies, but more amplified and disturbing. The sound didn't bother the trio, all it did was give them the good news that the hulking demon wasn't indestructible after all. Black blood poured out of the creature's body, limping toward Kearney who didn't hesitate to shoot his knees to prevent him from walking. The blessed bullets did enough damage to leave the brute regretting his choices.

Amy pulled out two crosses from her holsters and revealed blades on their edges. She threw them with great power and accuracy, striking the behemoth in the neck.

"Leave him here," Kayden walked up to the beast, "As a message for his buddies."

The Hell Walker drew his sword and with lightning fast speed, he dashed toward his neck and sliced him. The attack was clean, precise, and the snarling quickly stopped. The attack didn't make the towering goliath look like he was decapitated until he finally fell. Kayden whipped the air to remove any leftover blood from his blade.

"What was that?" Amy holstered her gun.

"I don't know," Kearney wiped his sweat, "All we know is that he was under Valac's command."

"This was your basic assassination." Catherine walked out of the ruined record store.

"On us?" Kearney was shocked at the revelation. They were only in the city for a day and a half to be considered a viable threat.

"You're so precious," Kayden sarcasm was still intact, "It's on me."

"Is it because of the whole Zare in the barn incident?" Catherine asked.

"No," Kayden looked at the dead demon, "This is beyond personal."