Chapter 16: Violated

Alex:

I blinked, and it took me a few moments to realize what had woken me up. I was comfortable between Tucker and Cedric. I didn't want to get up, but my need for the bathroom had me slowly sitting up between the boys. I crept the rest of the way out of the bed and tiptoed out of the room, rushing towards the bathroom.

I hurried to finish and get back to the warmth of the bed, but the sight that greeted me when I stepped back into Rylan's room had my pausing in confusion. Cedric and Tucker were both facing away from me, but there was no longer room between them for me. In fact, I was pretty sure there wasn't even enough room to slide a sheet of paper between them.

I looked around for a new spot to lie down. My eyes were suddenly drawn to the small alarm clock sitting on the nightstand and I realized it was nearly time to get up for school anyways. I glanced at the window, still feeling nervous about last night's encounter, before I settled onto the floor near Paris. I let out a yelp as a hand wrapped around my ankle and gently slid me towards a large, warm body. My heart rate accelerated until I realized who it was. "Paris?" I whispered. I gave a small shiver at the sudden change in temperature. I was surprised when I realized that Paris was under a blanket. Hadn't Kane told me last night that they rarely sleep under blankets?

Paris held a finger to his lips as he pulled me tightly against his body. "We have to get up soon..." He wrapped his arms around my waist so that I couldn't get away from him.

"We have to get up now." Rylan's voice came from the other side of the room at the same time as an alarm started to beep.

"Did he tell the alarm to go off?"

I kept my voice quiet, but Rylan still answered my question, "No. This is the time I normally get up. My body doesn't usually wait for my alarm to go off any more."

Kane groaned and I peeked my head out just in time to see him roll over and pull a pillow down tightly over the back of his head. "Shut up, I'm still sleeping."

Rylan hopped up and I could see him over the bed as he scratched his stomach. "Get up, Kane."

"No. You can't make me. I'm staying right here."

Rylan turned around and stomped out of the room. Had Kane made Rylan mad? Where was he going? I glanced at Paris, "Is Rylan angry?"

Paris shook his head, "Not really. Kane and Rylan go through this almost every morning. We might want to move so that we're not hit in the crossfire, though."

"What?" I had no idea what he was talking about.

Cedric leaned over the edge of the bed, "Just trust us. You'll be safer up here with us."

I yawned as I stood up. Rylan strode back into the room with an orange and green plastic gun. Tucker shoved me at the bed and hopped up after me. "Last warning, Kane. Get up now."

"Fuck, no. I'm comfortable and I hate school. I'm staying here."

Before I realized what was happening, Rylan held out the gun and pumped it a couple of times before it released a steady stream of water into the air. Kane shot out of his pile of blankets with a curse. "Shit fuck damn! Put your fucking ice gun away, I'm out of bed!"

I glanced at the other guys in confusion. Cedric leaned down to whisper, "Rylan filled the squirt gun with ice water." I shivered at that thought and felt bad for Kane.