Chapter 28: Dreams

Please excuse the fact that this hasn't been through my beta yet. lol. The sooner I get this posted, the sooner I can finish the last three chapters! 

:O What's that? Three chapters left? Yup. It's all written here in black and white. Well, actually in blue, cause I used a blue pen. :D 

Anyways, enjoy 

Alex:

Tucker's fingers found their way under my shirt as he slid them over my ribs. Now that they knew what I had in my hands, I saw no harm in investigating the object I'd found. It felt rubbery against my skin, and it was stretchy when I pulled on it.

A look between the guys passed over my head and the item I'd been inspecting was out of my hands. Tucker pulled me tighter against his chest as Paris watched, his eyes darkening with something I couldn't name. Tucker bent forward, lightly nipping my shoulder as his hands slid under my shirt, across my stomach.

~11-3 Paris glanced at the clock on the nightstand. "I'd really love to continue this, but we need to get back to bed before the others find us missing."

Tucker nodded regretfully. "He's right, Lexi."

Paris helped me up and I started to follow them before I suddenly realized something. "What about the..." My voice trailed off and I refused to say sex toy.

Paris glanced at where I was gesturing and a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes. "The cock ring?"

Was that what it was? Part of me was curious, but not curious enough to stop the blush that came over my cheeks. How should I respond to that? "I... I mean... um..." I hadn't been completely sure what the toy was used for, and now that I knew I wasn't sure how I'd ever be able to face Kane again.

Tucker smacked Paris in the back of his head. "Idiot," he muttered, moving around me to put the... item back under the pillow.

I followed them back to Rylan's room, heading towards the bed sleepily. Kane gently grabbed my ankle, rubbing it as I stepped over him to get to the bed. Blushing, I glanced down at him. When had he removed his shirt? In the faint moonlight streaming in through on of the windows, I could just barely make out some sort of dark mark on his shoulder. It didn't look like a bruise, but I couldn't tell exactly what it was in this light. He tugged gently, giving me the feeling that he wanted me to join him on the floor. Did I want to join him?

After another gently tug, I sank to the floor, yawning. Kane sat up slightly, leaning back on his arm as he pulled me closer to him. "Lay down." When I obeyed, he draped his blanket over me and pulled me against his chest. I wouldn't be able to sleep like this. Not knowing what I knew, and so close to Kane.

His arm dropped over my waist, fingers splayed against my stomach. His thumb traced circles against my shirt. Now I really wouldn't be able to fall back to sleep. His fingers moved again, making me tense up. Was he planning on tickling me? I didn't think Rylan would be amused if I woke the others with my giggles.

Paris and Tucker fell onto the bed, hastily pulling the sheet over their large bodies. I kept my eyes on Paris as he adjusted himself so that he had one leg under the sheet and one leg on top of it. He winked at me, silently letting me know that he was okay with me staying down by Kane.

My heart raced as Kane slid his fingers against the mark on my hip, gently caressing it. I squirmed and his hand moved back to my stomach, pulling my hips back towards his. "Stop squirming. You're supposed to be sleeping."

My face felt hot, but he wouldn't let me roll away from him. "I don't think I can sleep," I whispered back. He was still for a moment, and then rolled to his back, pulling me with him. "What-"

"Shh. You're going to wake the others," He whispered softly, a small grin on his face.

"Too late. Both of you hush, or I'm taking Little Red for myself so that everyone can get some sleep," Cedric growled out from the floor on the other side of the bed.

"Sorry," I whispered back. I hadn't meant to wake them all.

"I know. Now hush," Cedric shot back.

I was surprised at the amount of muscle in Kane's chest as I rested my cheek on it. Now that I was closer, I was also able to see that the dark patch on his chest was a tattoo. It was one of a wolf howling at a moon. I traced my finger over it, stopping when he put his hand over mine. "That tickles. Now go to sleep." I huffed out a sigh, making him chuckle silently.

I did as he asked, squeezing my eyes shut and hoping I'd fall asleep soon.

Waking up, the room seemed familiar, even though I couldn't seem to remember why. The white and light pink room was cast in shadows, and not even the moon cast much light into the room. I slid off the four poster bed, shuffling out of the room to get a drink. I usually kept a bottle of water by my bed, but I'd forgotten tonight.

Low voices floated to me from my parents' room, and I followed them, stopping directly outside the white double doors leading into the room. The floor creaked under my weight, and I quickly shifted away from the squeaky floor board. The voices stopped, waiting to see if they heard any more noises, I imagined.

When I stayed put, they started speaking again, not bothering to check the hallway first. "We need to go to the council about this." My mom spoke in hushed tones.

"We can't. You heard him. If we don't hand over our daughter when she's sixteen, they'll come for her," my dad whispered back.

"We can't hand her over at sixteen. I think that's illegal, but even if it weren't, my daughter should be able to make the decision for herself."

My dad sighed and the floor in their room creaked, as if he were pacing. "I know we can't. I have some contacts on the west coast. If the situation isn't resolved by the time she's almost sixteen, we'll seek them out."

Someone shifted their weight, causing another groan from the floorboards. My mom got up from the bed, moving in my direction. I quickly darted away, but not before hearing them mention a man by the name of Curt Blackwell. I wasn't sure if this information was important. Rubbing my eyes, I turned from the door, heading for the kitchen to get my water.

Gasping, I sat up. Well, I tried to sit up. Kane's arm held me tightly to his chest, tightening almost painfully when I tried to pull away from him. "Rylan?" I squeaked out, prying Kane's fingers from my hip. Kane grunted and sighed, sitting up with me.

Rylan didn't bother sitting up, but his eyes popped open and he glanced up at me. "What is it, Lexi?"

Had I woken them up for no reason? I was afraid to say anything when I realized all five of the guys were awake. Paris groaned as he swung his legs out of the bed. Kane scrubbed his fingers over his face, trying to wake himself up.

I couldn't see Cedric or Tucker, but I could hear them moving around. Kane's voice was more of a growl when he leaned his head against my shoulder. "Just speak, Alex." I glanced at him, meeting his pale blue eyes. His lips tilted up in an encouraging smile.

Taking a deep breath, I held it, trying to calm my frantically beating heart. "Does the name Curt Blackwell mean anything?"

Rylan's eyes snapped sharply to my face. "I've heard that name before."

"Wasn't your dad talking about it a couple of months ago?" Cedric piped up.

Rylan was sitting now, the muscles in his chest rippling as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "Yeah." He sighed, lunging to his feet. "I should probably go talk to my dad... but how do you know his name, Lexi?"

I shrunk back from the intensity of his gaze. Kane's fingers slid down my arm before he grasped my fingers lightly, giving me strength. "I had a dream, or a memory, I'm not sure which. My parents mentioned him, but I must have blocked the memory out or something."

He nodded and exited the room.