Ch 2

Jamie’s POV:

I haven’t seen that tattooed boy for the rest of the day. Also, I haven’t texted him because I don’t want to look like I was the one who’s liking him. But does he like me? I don’t think so. I’m just a teenage dirt bag and no guy ever liked me. I’m not that girl who wears pretty dresses and high heels. Yes, I wear makeup but not too much. I want to be simple. And that’s all.

It’s now 4:00 PM and I think everyone had gone home now. The halls, canteen, and library- they’re empty. There’s no one there except for the librarian and whatsoever.

As I was standing behind my locker and opened it, something vibrated on my pocket; my phone. I grabbed it and slide the screen.

‘Hey where are you?’ a text message said. It was from my new friend, Candice.

‘At the lockers hall, why’d yah ask? Any prob?’ I replied.

Come here at the soccer field of your school. I’m here. I want you 2 meet my cousin! X hurry!’ I got confused who is that. I closed my locker and locked it. I placed the keys on my pocket.

She’s here at my school because she wants me to meet her cousin? That’s all? She said she doesn’t have work/ rehearsals today because her boss/ trainer went somewhere I don’t know. -Maybe a business trip or family time or whatever.

I went to the bleachers where Candice is sitting. At the field, there are boys who are playing soccer but I think I didn’t know them because I focused at Stella’s eyes plus, they’re far and I can’t clearly see their faces.

“Hey, come here!” Candice shouts as her smile.

“Uh, okay…” I cooed and sat beside her. “By the way, what are you saying a while ago?” I asked as I stroke my hair.

“I want you and my cousin to know each other… You know, he’s my cousin… and you’re my friend… So I want you both to know each other…” She smiled sweetly and checked her phone.

I looked at my phone and saw a text message from Stella. Candice is watching the guys playing on the field.

‘Can u wait 4 me tomorrow @ d gate please? I don’t wanna walk alone tmrw @ d hallway x’ I smiled.

“Hey, my cousin’s coming here…” Candice shakes my shoulder. I was still looking down on my phone as I was going to reply another friend. I think someone went in front of us but I didn’t care. “Jamie… My cousin…”

I looked up to see a very familiar face- a tattooed with piercings with brunette hair and blue-green eyed boy. He’s smirking and staring at me.

“…William.”

He pulls out a hand and I shake a hand with him even though it’s awkward because we met yesterday. Shit, my hand is wet now! I pulled my hand and he’s still staring at me.

“So… Maybe you should be friends… for me?” Candice asked.

“I don’t-”

“Yes!” William shouted. I think I broke my eardrums! Ugh. “I would love to!”

For the rest of the next minutes, it became more awkward. Like, I wanna leave but I don’t want to upset Candice. She’s like a sister and a mother to me. My mom’s not here, even my dad. They’re both working as Doctors somewhere in the Philippines. I always tell them I want us to be together, I want to be with them but they always tell me that this is for me to learn by myself.

Candice is a daughter of a family friend. Her dad passed when she was five, I don’t know what happened but her mom got hit by a car when she was on high school. My mom and dad decided to adopt her but she said she don’t wanna change her family name so they didn’t. We’re not even sister on papers, but she’s living with us. Until one day, my mom and dad got promoted on one hospital on the Philippines so they went. I honestly don’t want them to leave but they say they have to do it because of they’ll be like head of that hospital. They can’t get the opportunity here so they went there.

But a one year ago, we got bankruptcy. Then we didn’t know that my mom will be fired from work; Then a month later, my dad. It was hard for us. So when someone called my dad, they agreed immediately, even though they don’t know what will happen.

“Hey!” Candice snapped her fingers in front my face and I jump because of shock.

“Shit! Don’t do that!” I shout her and slapped her arm.

“Ouch!” she rubbed her arm where I slapped.

William is just there laughing his ass off. -An adorable laugh.

“Um… Since you’re here cousin, William… could you please take us somewhere we could eat… You’re treating us!” Stella says as she looks joking and laughing as well.

“What? Hell no! Go treat yourself! Even though we’re cousins, I don’t care” he sighed. -That made me laughs a little bit.

William looked at me seriously. It scared the hell out of me. “W- Why?” I stuttered. I can’t breathe. I need air.

He smiled again. Shit. It scared me. I thought he would do something wrong to me.

“Okay… As long as this beautiful girl will come!” he says as he leaned his face a little bit closer and smirked. What the hell is that smell? Cigarette? It sucks. I sighed.

“Oh. My. God.” Candice said. I stepped backwards so that I could have some space between us. I looked at her with a shut-up look.

“Okay… Okay…” She sighed. “So, where would you take us cousin?” she asked William.

“Who said that you’ll come with us?” I looked at him and he was looking at his ‘cousin’.

“What?!” she shouted with a confused look.

“Joking!” he laughed. “You’re hilarious Candice!” he tapped her shoulders.

I giggled a bit. Then she looked at me and grabbed my hand. He started walking and I pulled my hand. He stopped and looked at me. His face was red.

“Woah! Calm down!” I took a breath “I just pulled my hand because it will get sweaty… I don’t like that.” I lied. I don’t want to hold his hand, duh.

We went to McDonalds. William drove his black Range Rover and treated us. I was sitting beside Candice and in front am where he is. We were eating quiet. I took a bite on my burger when William started talking.

“Um cousin…” he started.

“What?” she dipped a single fries on the catsup while I swallowed.

“Could I take your friend to a date?” he asked. I choked. Cough. Shit!

Candice tapped my back and I grabbed the coke float and have a sip. We both looked at him as I got recovered.

“Are you serious?!” I asked giving him you’ve-got-to-be-kidding-me-look.

“Of course!” he answered. “I’m serious…” he looked down at his food. He looks sad.

“Okay…. Unless you’ll not hurt her, you will be home at ten, and you’re fucking serious with her…” she said as she made one, two, and three on the fingers.

“What?” I whispered at my friend.

“Trust me…” she winked.

No, no, no. What is happening to me? Is he serious to take me on a date? What if I’ll fell for him and he wouldn’t be there to catch me? But if I will refuse, Candice will be sad. I don’t like that to happen. I know she treated me like a sister so I won’t hurt her. I promised myself I will do everything to make her happy so if I will do this, I will do this because of her and that’s all.

♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦

Fan

Comment

Vote

Twitter: @Trisha_Pamplona

Kik: trishapamplona18