Ch 22

♥dedicated to @AbbeyBurke because she's the first to guess the song. You & I.♥

♥enjoy!♥

♥○♥○♥

♥William's POV♥

"So, come back tomorrow William, we'll be having our rehearsals again..." Cynthia says as I take a sip on my bottled water. I got the cap from the table, closed it and throw on the bin.

"Uh, okay Cynthia..." I murmured with a nod. Today was really exhausting, yet fun at the same time. Excitement runs down through my blood every time I think of my very first concert. I wish Jamie could come, even my family and hers, and my best pals as well. I want them to be there through my journey.

The skies are now covered with dark though the stars and the moon shine so it's not really that dark, plus the city lights illuminating the streets. I was currently on a familiar road, here were I used to pick up or drive Jamie home. Now, I feel like I miss her even though we just met at school, I wonder what she's doing right now.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw two guys with a girl. The two were both holding her hands side by side. The brunette girl was shouting for help. She was trying hard to get out of their grip. Then suddenly it hit me.

"Jamie?" I whispered under my breath.

I immediately parked the car, my fists balling and now you could see they're both turning white as I get out of the car.

"Let her go." I said, loud and clear.

They turned their gaze to me and stopped their chuckling. The one with beard and buzz cut stopped kissing her neck. I could see Jamie's eyes puffy and red, she mouthed my name. I could see that she's too weak that this two almost raped her if I didn't come. The thought made me angrier.

"You're here to save your lovely girlfriend, eh, Willie boy?" the other one with dread locks teases. It's dark here so I could barely see them. But these two guys looks familiar, I don't know if it's just me or they really are because I think they know me. I didn't care of the other people in school, though.

"Let her go or I'll break your necks?" I growled which made Jamie flinch. I didn't mean to scare her. I heard them chuckle.

"Well, we'll kill her before you do that." the one with buzz cut spat which I think it's Jules. -An old friend from Doncaster. He used to be my best pal but then everything changed. The question on my mind, how does he know that Jamie's my girlfriend?

"No!" I roared. I didn't know what happened until I came to realize that I was on top of him and punching him as hard as I could. He had bruises and cuts everywhere and I can't stop beating him. Then Jamie went to me and held my arm, pulling me. I stood up though still kicking him. "Fuck you!" I shout.

"Stop it babe, you'll kill him." Jamie whispered. I looked at the other guy who's now running away. I looked back at her, she looks weak as her face was pale, and her eyes were blood shot and tearstained cheeks. Her hands are cold and she was shaking so I took off my jacket and gave it to her. She gave me a weak smile and my heart felt sorry for what happened. This is my fault, I should have come earlier and saved her, now she looks so fragile, so vulnerable.

"What did they do to you?" I asked after she put on the jacket in her petite body, it was oversized to her but it still looks cute on her. She didn't answer; instead she sobbed and put her hands into her face, covering it. I pulled her hands and cupped her face.

"Hey, shhh, don't cry. It's okay now, I'm here now..." I cooed and hugged her. She buried her face into my chest which made my tank top wet from her tears, and I patted her back by my right hand as the other one stroking gently her long, wavy brunette hair. I kissed the top of her head which smelled like apples and intertwined my large hand on her small one. She looked at it and blushed; I just gave her a smirk and caressed the back of her hand by my thumb.

"Let's go now before that guy wakes up." I murmured and she nodded. She took a quick peek on the guy lying on the ground before looking back at me.

"T-thank you fo-r saving m-e..." she stutters. Ever since, I learned that she's hard to calm down when she started crying. She always laughs at every thing easily but when it comes to crying, it's hard for her to stop. She said before if she listens to music or eat or read, it could help.

I closed the door as she sat on the passenger's. I jog around going through the driver's. I closed the door from behind and locked it. I heard Jamie locked her seat belt though I didn't bother putting on mine even every time we're together in my car, she always scold me with that.

I started the engine; I know Jamie doesn't wanna go home so she's outside. I didn't bother her asking as I know if I do, she'll just cry even more.  "Where are we going?" She asked; brows furrowed. I smirked on the thought that she just realized that I'm not dropping her at her home.

I parked on an ice cream house. I think it would calm her down a bit even though she's not a kid anymore. Come on, everyone loves ice cream and it's one of the best things in the world that ever happened.

"Ice cream?" she asked, giggling. Good thing that she seems to get back to normal a bit now. "Oh my God babe, I love you!" she shrieked and gave me a quick peck on the lips as I chuckled.

We went out of the car and went to takeout orders, mine's cookies and cream while hers is mango. We decided that we'll just eat them on the car as there are many people there and it's weird that people knows me as they see me on T.V. and other else they said.

I could see Jamie smiling while eating her ice cream and the shine on her ocean blue eyes is now back, though they're still a bit puffy, well at least they're not as sorrowful as what I saw a while back. Every time she looks at me after taking a bite, she smiles at me which makes her beauty glow even more. The way little dimples on her cheek, under her eyes pop out when she smiles and her eyes sparkles like the stars from up above. Cheesy, I know, oh well, I don't care.

After we eat and toss our garbage on the nearest bin in front of the shop, I decided to drop her home. It's now 11:57 P.M. as the time on the radio of my car says.

The ride was quiet, it wasn't awkward. Suddenly, I could see Jamie asleep while her arms are crossed on the corner of my eyes. Her head was leaned on the window. I smiled at how peaceful my princess was.

I didn't want to wake her up so I hopped out of the car and went to the door, knocking it three times then it swung open revealing his dad. I didn’t know what to say. Sometimes I feel like he's intimidating, demanding or something. The first time we met was I'm scared to be honest. When she and her mom left us alone on the living room as they went on the kitchen to get some juice, I really thought he would bite off my head which didn't happen because they came back sooner.

"Uh, Sir. I was just about to drop Jamie but she fell asleep into my car." I decided to tell him honestly what happened, if that could gain trust. "I was about to go home when I saw two guys with him. They were about to do something- ugh, you know, rape her? So I saved her and after we went to an ice cream shop to calm her down and there she is now, Sir... Sleeping beauty..." I pointed my thumb at my back and he took a quick look then back to me. Could someone help me? I'm really nervous. I could feel my whole body shaking right now.

He patted my shoulder. "Thanks..." he smiled.”And please, call me Troy..." he murmured. The name of him made me think about my dad, he's got a name like him. Since I was young back then when he left, so it made me barely remember his face, I didn't know if he had change his appearance now and I wonder where he was now. I nodded.

"I- I'll just get her in the car..." I said. I breathe in. I couldn't help but think about my father. If he's here right now, he could be proud of me and Louis.

I opened the passenger seat and carried Jamie; I used my bum to close the door, gently so she couldn't get awake and went inside the house. I heard my car automatically locked, good thing my keys are in my pocket. I went upstairs, carefully so I won't drop her. I gently placed her on bed and removed her converse. I covered her body with her white thick sheets up to her chest.

I was about to leave when her dad came. "Oh, no. Stay, it's pretty late outside and I don't want something bad might happen to you..."

★★★

♥hello! hope you like the chapter! ♥

♥eh, guess the song for a dedication! ♥

♪♪♪♫"I bite my tongue, but I wanna scream out..."♪♪♪♫

~trisha. xx