Ch 30

Jamie’s POV:

It’s been three years now. I haven’t seen William. I never heard of him too since that day he left. Nobody knows where he went. One time, I went to his old house, he's not there. I asked the neighbors if they know where he is, but they say, they don’t know. But until now, he’s still in my heart. I don’t know how he does that but I can’t get off my mind about him.

If I only knew it earlier that he’s not really my brother, I should’ve told him. But I don’t know. I’m not even mad that he walked away, I’m mad at myself that I let all this happen. I broke his heart and it broke me.

“Hello, Ms. Jamie! Your artworks are great!” A girl whose I think is 8 years old approached me as I was standing alone. I was currently at an arts gallery here in Singapore. They invited me here. I’ve displayed some of my paintings and I’m glad that almost all are out now. “If I grow up, I wanna be like you!” her dimples show as the words came out of her lips and her blue eyes sparkling with joy. Her long blonde hair sways as she jumps up and down while clapping her hands.

I bowed a bit, clutching my knees as I talk to the little kid in front of me. “Well, that’s great, sweetie! What’s your name?” I asked.

“I’m Julia!” She cheered. “I even bought one!” She ran going to the couple looking at the other artworks which I assumed her parents. She grabbed a painting which is being held by her mother and ran back going to me. “See?” She showed me the painting I did. It was a painting of two angels hugging each other. The other is a girl and other is boy. The girl is white with a halo. She’s glowing. While the boy is painted with black, dark features. But, still, they look like they love each other.

I remember, William. He’s the reason why I painted this. I’m the white angel and he’s the dark one. I remember, before, he’s this badass whose everyone was afraid of but a lady’s man. But even though there are differences, we still loved each other. I wish it remained like that.

“What’s wrong Ms. Jamie?” the girl asked. I shook my head no.

“There’s nothing wrong, love. I just remember something.” I didn’t say all because I know she won’t be able to understand because she’s still young.

After, I went back to my hotel. I opened my bag as I was standing in front my room as I was rummaging my bag for my key. When I found it, I immediately used it to open the door. I closed it from behind and throw my bag on the couch. I laid there for I don’t know how long. I just watched the clouds move from outside my window. It’s still three in the afternoon.

My room is not that big, nor small. It’s just okay. The white tiled floor matches the cream walls. There are nightstands on each side of the bed with lamps on them. Then there’s a couch and its coffee table on the left corner of the bed. One the right corner is the bathroom. And in front of me was a television. On its left is a mirror with wall lamps on its side and on the other side is a mini refrigerator.