Chapter 1

I picked up the invitation that laid on the floor next to my door. I opened it up and it read "The New Club Electric is open tonight! Come down and see the newest hottest club around!" Great another social event I would have nobody to go with to. The story of my life. I placed the invite on my kitchen worktop and went up stairs to get ready for work.

I hated my work. I worked as a journalist. When I had this career in mind I never actually thought it was going to be this boring but it was. I pulled out of my wardrobe a white fitted blouse and a short black skirt that hugged my figure in all the right places. I went over to my white dressing table and curled my thick blond hair and applied a light dusting of make up to my pale face.

Once that was done. I headed down stairs and I glanced at the invitation that I had left on the side. Maybe I should go, I might meet someone. The thought lingered in my head as I walked out of the door to my car that was parked in the driveway. I unlocked the door and got in and headed off to the office. The one place I dreaded the most. Maybe that's another reason I should go tonight. Get rid of the stresses of the day.

I arrived outside the building. It was dull and plain on the outside. The grey walls stood out from the surrounding buildings that were made of glass. If you walked past it you wouldn't think that it was a place where a reputable magazine got published. I walked through the door and plastered a big fake smile on my face as my boss walked past me.

"Good morning Kelly." Mr Carter said as he walked past in a hurry.

"Good morning Mr Carter." I politely replied.

I carried on walking until I got to my section of the building. I walked through the door that said "Music Journalists". I loved music but the type of music we reported on wasn't really my type. We had to write about pop music and who was going out with who and how it influenced their music. I'm sure you could understand why I wanted to blow my brains out! I wanted to write about real music and I have done since my teenage years. I wanted to be the perosn who wrote gig reviews or reviewed new rock albums. I guess I didn't get my dream in the end. 

The day passed quite slowly. I worked on my own for the most of the day and I get a few passing comments from my best friend as she walks by her name is Fiona but everyone calls her Fi for short. She was a very tall girl with a slender body. She had blond hair like me but hers was much longer and thicker. She also had a very fare complection which was the same as me but unlike me she could pull it off perfectly. She walked past for the third time and this time shouted;

"Are you going to the club opening tonight?"

I didn't know how to respond. I thought about it for a minute and then replied "Yeah, I think so."

"Good. I have been looking for an excuse to go out and get smashed" She laughed back and with that she walked off and left me to my work. I looked at the clock that was placed on the white wall behind me. Only 10 minutes left. "Brilliant." I thought to myself.

The club opening started at 8pm and it was now half past 7. I was really happy that I decided to go. It was a great chance to catch up with Fi. I have missed her as we both tend to work a lot so there isn't much time to go out together. I looked at myself through the mirror to check if I looked good. I was wearing a light pink, strapless dress. It hugged my figure whilst cutting of mid thigh. I was wearing a pair of killer black heel to match. My hair hung freely around my face and I applied more make up by going for a classic smokey eye and a classic red lip. 

There was a light knock on my door and I knew that it would be Fi so I quickly grabbed my black clutch bag and ran down the stairs. I swung the door open. I saw Fi stood there. She was wearing a black dress that made her look beautiful. It enhanced her assets and figure which I knew no man would be able to take their eyes off. Her long blond hair flowing around her face and her make up looked effortless and naturally. Nobody would look at me with her stood by my side. We walked to the club seen as it was only down the bottom of my road.

We made it to the club just as it was opening. There was a massive line of people eargly waiting to get in the club. We went to the front of the queue as we always did this. Lets just say Fi had a gift with her words. She could always get us in straight away at any place. Tonight was no exception. We went through the black door and into the club. It was already manic and it had only just opened. The walls were blood red and there was black, leather furniture everywhere. It had a very gothic feel to it. There was a huge bar on the left side of the club and to the right the biggest dance floor I had ever seen and it was already full.

"I'll go and get some drinks. Do you want your usual?" I asked.

"Yes please and hurry. I need a drink!" Fi shouted back so she could be heard above the loud, piercing music.

I went to the bar. There was so many people waiting to be served it looked like I was going to be here a long time. I waited and waited but nothing. There was a bartender on his own, trying to serve everybody thier drinks at the same time and it just wasn't working due to the fact that it was packed. There was so many people hurling abuse at him because they didn't feel he was doing his job properly. He looked so stressed and I felt really sorry for him.

"We are never going to get served are we?" Joked a man who was propped against the bar. He was gorgeous. He took my breath away when I looked at him. His black hair was swept across his face and his piercing green eyes were staring into my plain, dull blue eyes. He was quite tall and he had snakebites. I definitely had a thing for men with piercings. He seemed to be a bit on the chubby side but I thought that made him even cuter. I bit the side of my lip and laughed.

"I guess you're right. We're going to be a long time aren't we?" I replied trying to sound confident even though I felt really sick inside. I was never good with interacting with people let alone a man as good looking as him. My heart rate was racing even just thinking about having a conversation with him.

"Yep." He replied whilst popping the p. "My name's Zacky by the way." He told me with a huge grin on his face.