Chapter 6

My heart beat grew faster and faster. His brown eyes held my gaze and it felt like I was going to be trapt in his eyes forever. He walked over to me and the rest of the guys. His eyes still locked with mine.

"Hi, I'm Brian." He said and he held out his hand. That's weird. Nobody else did.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kelly." I replied back hoping my voice wouldn't be shaky. I put out my hand to reach his. Our hand locked together and I felt my heart skip a beat again and it felt like a bolt of electricity went up my body. I wonder he felt the same feeling I had just experienced. Wait. Why am I thinking this? I have a boyfriend.

"And you." He replied in a stern voice.

He went and sat down on the sofa. He completely ignored his friends and just started drinking his beer. I couldn't believe how rude he was being to everyone. Then I felt somebody squeezing my hand. Then I remembered that Zacky was still holding it. I looked up at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. He leant in until I could feel his hot breath on the back of my neck. That sent shivers down my spine.

"Don't worry about him. He's had a hard time lately and he seems to be in a never ending bad mood." Zacky told me. Great. Now I felt sorry for the guy. I didn't want to pry so I just nodded my head.

"So would you like to come out with us tonight?" Matt asked. "We are going to the new bar across the road."

Me and Zacky looked at each other and started laughing as we remembered last time we went to Electric we met each other. There are still pieces of my memory missing from that night.

"What are you both laughing at?" Asked Johnny.

"We met there. That's all short shit." I replied back and made the guys laugh again. I didn't have a problem with Johnny. He seemed like a really nice guy but he was the only person who has ever been smaller than me so I had to take advantage of that.

"Who's going?" Zacky asked.

"Everyone" Matt replied. This meant that there was more people to meet and get approval from.

"Yeah, we are definitely in" Zack told them. I didn't feel comfortable going out with people I didn't know and not to mention Brian with the weird feeling I just got from him. I really wanted to know if he felt it to and it wasn't me going mad. It was going to be very awkward.

I was back at home, stressing about what I was going to wear. I wanted to look good but not trashy in any way as I wanted to impress the guys girlfriends. That made me think of Brian. Did he have a girlfriend or wife? That made me feel angry and jealous. Wait, I'm doing again. I need to stop thinking about Brian and focus on my boyfriend; Zacky. I finally decided to go with a little black dress. It looked good but it was still respectable.

"Come on! Were going to be late." Shouted Zacky from the bottom of the stairs.

"Calm down. Give me a minute." I snapped back. I ran and put my black stilettos on and put some silver earrings in. I grabbed my bag and walked down the stairs.

"Wow. You look so beautiful babe." Zacky said with a huge smile on his face.

"Thanks. You look good too handsome." I told him and I was being totally honest as always he was wearing a black pair of skinny jeans and a blue shirt that hugged his body tightly. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. We were walking to Electric seen as it was only down the road from my house.

I couldn't help it. It was like word vomit "So what's up with Brian?" I asked knowing I really shouldn't pry.

"Well he's had a pretty rough time of it lately with Jimmy passing and a lot has happened with him and his wife. It's not really my place to talk about it but he doesn't talk to us anymore about anything." Zacky admitted and I couldn't believe what had come out of his mouth. First of he was married! I felt sorry for him. He must be going through hell and he's all alone. Second, he seemed to have been really close to Jimmy if he hasn't got over it yet. The other guys still missed him but they carried on with their lives. I dropped the subject as I knew Zacky didn't feel comfortable talking about it.

We walked in silence, hand in hand. I was glad as it gave me some time to think about the situation and what happened earlier today. I decided I wouldn't talk to Brian and just distance myself. I really liked Zacky and I wanted it to work out. We arrived at the club and as we walked in. Matt stood up and called us over to the table they were all sat around. All the guys were present except Brian. Shocker. Then there was two women with them. This was the moment I had been dreading, meeting them.

"Hey guys." Zacky said addressing everybody. "Val, Lacey. This is Kelly. My new girlfriend." He announced to the two women who had huge smiles on their faces.

"It's lovely to meet you. I'm Val as Zacky didn't make it very clear." she chuckled. She was really nice and beautiful and I noticed Matt's arm around her so she was with Matt.

"It's nice meet you too." I told her and then I quickly added "both of you." so I included Lacey as well and assumed she was with Short Shit. She again was very pretty but quiet. We both sat down and then realised we had no drinks so I offered to go and get them.

I walked up to the bar again it was packed but this time there was two barmen. I guess I would be waiting a long time. I felt a pair of eyes on me. I looked behind me to see if it was Zacky but he was in deep conversation with the guys. I then looked to my left and saw the one person who I was trying to avoid the most.

I turned back round quickly. I knew that he had seen me but I just didn't want to talk to him. Not after that weird experience we had.

"Are you ignoring me?" he questioned.

"No, I'm not Brian." I replied back my voice a lot stronger than I felt.

"That's funny 'cause you knew I was here yet I didn't even get a hello." He replied with a cocky grin on his face which sent my heart into orbit.

"Hello. Are you happy now?" I spat back. I just kept thinking "go away. Im supposed to be avoiding you."

"Yes, I am and hi." he said back in a deep voice. God. He had no idea what he was doing to me. "So, how are things?" He questioned me again.

"Good. What about you?" I asked when in actual fact he looked depressed and tired. It looked like he hadn't slept properly for days possibly even months.

"Could be better. The past couple of years have been shit for me." He said in a low tone and he almost chuckled a little bit at the end of the sentence.

"Why?" I blurted out. I was really curious about his wife.

He laughed "Well, I don't know how much Zacky has told you but one of our closest friends passed away and I got a divorce from my bitch of a wife so life is just peachy." He told me. I didn't want to pry to much so I didn't ask what happened even though I really wanted to know. The man looked completely broken. How can anyone hurt him while he was going through a difficult time anyway?

"Oh." I said trying to sound a little bit shocked "I'm sorry."

"Its not your fault she cheated on me." He told me. I didn't even have time to register the thought as one of the barmen came up to me and asked what I wanted.

"Two beers" I said. Brian looked at me shocked.

"What?" I asked but then it registered. "Oh, so you think a girl like me can't drink beer do you? Well I'm pretty sure I could drink your ass under the table." I laughed.

"hmmm, really? Well I will hold you to that challenge." He said with a smug look on his face. The bar man came back and gave me the drinks. I paid for them and turned round to head back to Zacky but for some reason I just didn't want to leave. I felt bad for Brian and I just wanted him to have some company.

I walked away from him and headed to the guys that looked like they were having a really good time.

"Hey, Where have you been?" asked Zacky as I gave him his beer.

"You know what the service is like here." I laughed and then I looked over to the bar. He was sat on a bar stool silently drinking his beer. He looked alone and upset. I knew that deep down inside whether he wanted to admit it or not, he needed somebody and I wanted to help him. "I'll be back in a bit" I said to Zacky. I could tell he was a bit annoyed but it didn't bother me. I knew that Brian need someone right now and seen as no one else was wiling to help him I was. For some reason it hurt me to see him so upset. I walked back over to him and sat on the bar stool next to him.

"How about we have that challenge now?" I suggested.