☾One☽

~Rings~

A/N:
Just letting you know that if you skipped the prologue, you should go back and read it. It is crucial for plot.

Tw: bullying, gay slurs, minor violence

   Phil

I woke up too early. I knew that the second my eyes opened.

"5:46?" I groaned inwardly.

I hated the sun. I also still hadn't adjusted to school being back on, and was already sleep deprived, even though I'd been back at school for a full three weeks now.

But at that point I knew it was too late to fall asleep again. I had to face the reality that I should get ready.

The moment I got to school, I realized just how early I actually was. There was nobody to see at all. So I just lowered myself down in the hallway like normal, and started to draw.

I sat there alone. But that was no real surprise for me. I always did, or at least, ever since I switched out of my old school and into this one. But I couldn't blame the kids here. Who would want to befriend such a loser. I couldn't even remember the last time anyone had spoken to me.

I was just introverted, naturally scared people. Besides, I preferred drawings to the people at this school any day. Drawings couldn't be mean.

☾❀☽

I scurried through the hallway quickly, sticking to the sides. I kept my head down and my eyes low. That was the one thing I'd learned rather quickly: never draw attention to yourself. Of course, it was never that hard to stay invisible, for me at any rate. I mean, I was short. Not a midget or anything, but that was the first thing that people noticed when they saw me, if they saw me at all.

My first period class was English.
I arrived, and sat down right in the back of the room. I looked at the people who were glaring at me for a few moments, before dropping my eyes.

"So class, I would like you all to hand in your essays now, as you've had all weekend to prepare them!" my teacher, Mrs. Bennington, called out in a high, shrill, voice.

Sh*t. I thought quietly.

Because, as usual, I had forgotten about my homework, and worked on drawing instead. I did that a lot.

When the teacher got around to me, I knew my fate was sealed.

"Philip, can I have your essay please?" she demanded in a passive aggressive tone, holding her hand out to me.

"Uhhhhh....." I stammered awkwardly.

God. Why did I always do this to myself?

"Not again Mr. Lester!" she hissed, narrowing her eyes.

I looked down at my desk, feeling my cheeks heat up.

"That's it! That's the last straw! Maybe a trip to detention will teach you that your studies should come above your need to socialize!" she decided mercilessly.

I just nodded, keeping my eyes low.

Great. Detention. Just perfect.

An hour and a half of being trapped in a small space near evil children.

☾❀☽

To say the least, I was bored. There were no phones (or anything really, for that matter) allowed in detention, and I didn't know how much more I could take.