❀ Two ❀

~Flowers~

Dan

I used to hate mornings. I just slept through them.

Until one day, I woke up before the the sun. And then I figured it out: mornings are beautiful.

Checking the time, I smiled. It was way too early to go to school. 4:30. So I grabbed my bag and headed outside. It was perfect weather for flying. I grinned.

The walk was tiring, but I was itching to get my wings out again, the thought of being weightless motivating me to walk quicker. I smiled at the sky. The stars were beautiful.

I couldn't wait to be alongside the clouds. How long had it been since I'd last gone flying. Two weeks? Three? I didn't know. Keeping my wings hidden was habit now, I didn't need to think about it anymore.

As I reached the forest, a smile crept back onto my face. Being in the trees always made me feel better. I looked at the strength of the trees with admiration, wondering how they grew so tall and never gave up. It was beautiful. I found my way to the large oak tree with the hole in it. I pulled my bag off and put it inside, along with my shoes and shirt.

I walked barefoot along the forest floor until I found what I was looking for. The Forget Me Nots. There were so many of them, the simple blue flowers turned the woods into an ocean, painting everything the same shade.

I leaned over, and picked one, tucking it smoothly behind my left ear. They were so subtly beautiful.

I stopped moving. I closed my eyes, and relaxed. I started to concentrate, using all of my focus into letting my wings flicker back into reality, sprouting from my bare back.

I kept walking, smiling as the tips of my feathers brushed the ground, dragging through the small blue petals below.

After another few minutes of walking, I saw the small clear patch I was looking for, and started running at a sprint. When I got to the small space where the trees cleared above, I pushed off with my legs, and leapt into the air, beating my powerful wings to get off the ground.

Ever since I've been getting older and my wings have grown, flying has become much easier. I circled upwards, gaining elevation efficiently.

With another powerful wing stroke, I burst from the trees, and began gliding easily just above the treetops.

Sunrise was coming. I grinned widely as the first few beams of light hit me, illuminating the clouds, making the world seem magical.

☾❀☽

It was in the middle of a dive that I realized it. Time kept moving for everyone else while he was in the air.

Idiot! I cursed.

I dove smooth to the ground, landing hard and snatching my bag, heading off at a sprint. I checked my hair, finding that his flower had fallen out while I was up. I remembered to grab a new one before continuing on my path.

By the time I actually got to school, I had already missed the first half of the day. Shit.

I wandered into my history classroom, before sliding to my desk.

Fortunatly for me, this teacher actually had some common sense, and he ignored the fact that I was twenty minutes late for class. I had that effect on teachers. They didn't like calling me out for much. They all knew what would come after. All I normally had to do normally was give them the glare that said If you call me out I will rain death upon your miserable cursed soul. That normally did the trick.