☾Three☽

~Dreams and Doubts~

Phil

I sat in bed, staring at my laptop, while searching the Internet for blue flowers. I wanted to figure out why Dan wore that flower, it would be the first step to figuring him out.

Blue Iris ~ No, that wasn't right, it looked completely different.

Blue Orchid ~ Definatly not.

Hyacinth ~  No.

Hydrangea ~ Still a no.

Italian bugloss ~ Nope.

I sighed, nothing looked right. I was just about to leave when one more caught my eye.

Forget Me Not ~ It was a match. It was perfect. That was the flower Dan wore.

Grinning with satisfaction, I stood up, then pulled out my sketchbook. I started drawing. This one had to be special. This one was going to be for Dan.

I chose a pale blue colour, and began drawing flowers. They started to cover the page, spiralling out from the centre.  They were Forget Me Nots too.

I fell asleep that night with the sketchbook still in my arms.

  ☾❀☽

I was sitting on something. Something rough. I looked down to see rock. I was seated on a slightly damp stone ledge. Why was the rock wet? I looked around, and saw a waterfall nearby. The mist was blowing over, hitting me with cold. I was up high. Scary high. I scooted back away from the edge.

I didn't know what to do. Why was I on a ledge? How would I get down? Was anyone else up here? As if to answer my question, a figure appeared beside me, a few feet away. They were dark; shadowed. I didn't know who it was. They walked over to me, but before they got there they slipped on the wet rock.

They started to fall off, but I was quicker. I lunged forwards, and caught their hand.

It was Dan.

Dan.

My hand slipped.

Dan fell.

"No!" I screamed. I hesitated only a second before leaping off the cliff after him.

We met in the air. Dan grabbed me and held me in his arms while we fell.

"I can't save you unless you believe in me," Dan whispered. "Please have the courage to let us fly."

He leaned in and kissed me.

"Remember."

We kissed as we fell. We stayed together until we hit the water.

☾❀☽

I sat up in bed. My breathing was heavy. I tried to calm down. Why the f*ck was I dreaming about Dan? That was not normal. I did not dream about my friends.

I was scared. I couldn't shake off the fear of falling. I touched the ring on my finger.

Courage.