❀ Eight ❀

~Unfair~

Dan

In all honesty, I was being totally sarcastic when I asked if he wanted to get his ears pierced. But if he wanted to, who was I to stop him? It was his life after all.

Me and Phil walked together, talking about nothing in particular. I still couldn't believe he was actually doing this. Every second I expected him to change his mind, and suddenly become afraid, but he seemed pretty determined.

I took him to the place that I got my piercings done at. It was a little store in a plaza. It was really very small, but it had a homey feel, and very friendly staff.

We went to the front desk, and spoke to the woman there. I told Phil to choose what he wanted his studs to be, and he nodded and examined the options in the glass case. While he was distracted, I used the opportunity to pay for him. It wasn't very expensive, but I wanted to do something for him.

He was looking very brave, until he sat in the chair, then his face paled a little.

"I'm scared," he admitted finally, out of earshot from the woman. I ruffled his hair lightly.

"You don't need to do this if you don't want to," I reminded him gently, offering a sideways smile.

"No, I want to," he decided firmly, convincing himself more than me.

"Which studs did you go for?" I inquired in a feeble attempt to distract him.

"The silver ones," he described lamely. I rolled my eyes, but ended up laughing anyway.

"A bit more specific please?"

"They were silver moons," he added quietly.

Moons. I reflected quietly. I liked moons. Or Phil did at least. I'd seen quite a few drawings of them in his sketchbook.

"I'm sure they'll look lovely," I reassured him.

The woman walked over. It was time.

As much as Phil wanted to do this, I could still see that he was worried.

"Phil, do you want to hold my hand?" I offered, hoping that it might make him feel better.

He smiled and nodded, squeezing my fingers ever so slightly.

"Thanks."

"If you don't mind me saying, the two of you make a very cute couple," the woman complimented, smiling quite widely.

I smirked at her words, observing how Phil's face went bright red. He started to stammer out a excuse, but I cut him off.

"Thank you." I smiled at the woman, then leaned forwards and kissed Phil on the forehead. "Me and my little angel's six month anniversary is today, that's why he's getting his ears pierced," I improvised randomly, acting as dramatic as possible.

"Oh that's just delightful!" she nearly squealed.

I simply smiled warmly at her. Phil glared at me. He wasn't amused, or at least didn't want me to know that he was.