☾Five☽

~Adventures~

A/N: super super minor trigger warning for this chapter. Just a little bit of fear/panic (Phil is afraid of the dark and stuff) if you need any more specifics, message me.

Phil

When I got into my house, I was surprised to see my mum sitting in the living room. She wasn't usually home. I didn't know if I liked that she was there.

"Hello Philip," she cooed, glancing up from the cooking magazine she was reading. Why the hell was she reading a cooking magazine? She didn't cook.

I rolled my eyes. "Hi."

"Where were you? I was getting worried."

"I, um, went for a walk," I explained hesitantly.

"In the dark? On your own?" Her voice was thick with disbelief. I knew why. She still thought I was too pathetic to do anything.

"No, not on my own. I was with a friend," I muttered.

"Oh, really? What's her name? Is she pretty? When will I meet her," my mom bombarded.

I curled my hands into fists, and held them tightly by my sides.

"Actually, it's a he." That felt nice to say out loud. I almost smirked.

"Who?" She raised her eyebrows sceptically.

"Dan."

"Oh, him." She frowned a little. "Maybe you might think about making friends with some more, um, positive influences."

Suddenly I remembered why I didn't mind that she was hardly home.

"What's wrong with Dan?!"

"Well, it's just that I've heard he's got quite an attitude, and I know you're very sensitive, and I don't want a troublemaker like that upsetting you," she explained, completely oblivious to how stupid she sounded.

"I'm not sensitive! I'm fine! He's my friend!" I protested angrily.

"If you say so, honey. Why don't you go back to your room now and head to bed, okay?" she suggested patronizingly. "And think about what I said, okay?"

I walked up the stairs without another word.

I sat in my room for awhile, not ready for sleep yet.

My mind started floating back to Dan. The way his soft brown hair curled so nicely, his signature smirk he wore whenever annoying someone, his eyes that explained without words that he cared.

I glanced at the clock. It was late. I wasn't even tired.

I stood up and paced around my room for a moment, then grabbed my sketchbook.

I drew clouds. And sun. And Dan. I drew for a long time.

I looked at it and shook my head, tossing it off the bed.

I rubbed my eyes tiredly, looking at the clock again. Late. Very late.

That night when I finally fell asleep, I was dreaming of flying in the clouds, with Dan at my side.