➳ Mingyu - Careful

"AH!" a loud shriek was heard even through the thick cemented walls.

He sat up from his bed, looking alarmed as he quickly got out of the bed and put on his slippers before rushing out of the dorm room, out into the hallways as he saw light shining from the room beside his. The kitchen.

Hurriedly, he slammed open the kitchen door and saw a girl with a ladle on her hand as she looked back at him before shifting her sight to the bubbling and overflowing pot of boiling water without the lid.

"M-Mingyu.." she mumbled as he shot past her to the stove before turning the stove off, he finally took a breath and turned to her.

"Yah you idiot, turn off the stove!" he hissed at her as she shut her eyes at how he was screaming at her.

She pouted and mumbled a 'sorry' before running over to the counter to grab a dry cloth to wipe the overflowed water on the stove but he had already taken the cloth away from her.

"I'll do it. Take the pot away will you?" he told her as she nodded before going to the stove and cautiously lifted the pot and walked to the sink.

He sighed as he wiped the stove, "Younghee-yah, can you please be careful the next time you do something in the kitchen?"

She frowned, "But I am being careful, Mingyu."

"Then be extra careful, please, I beg you. I'm still young and healthy and I don't want to die young from an accident in the kitchen which is located right beside my room."

She turned quiet as she cleaned the once messy and crowded counter as he continued on.

"Being careful in the kitchen is a must. Dangerous things can happen if you don't be careful, I'm not even sure why i even let you in here. You're just an amateur in cooking yet you're already trying to cook alone in the kitchen, don't you know that it might be dangerous?"

"I know Mingyu." she answered shortly.

"Then why are you here alone, worse, during the dawn when people are sleeping in? Please do consider your thoughts first before doing it Younghee, this is for our safety." he warned again as she chuckled.

"I only forgot to turn the stove off because i dozed off a little, that's all." she replied.

"Those are the roots of accidents Younghee, call me hysteric or whatever but I'm truly concerned about this matter. Plus, what are you even doing in the kitchen, cooking at 5 in the morning?" he then yawned in the process as she walked back from the refrigerator, her hands on her back.

"Mingyu-yah are you sleepy?" she inched her face closer to his as his eyes started closing a little, blurring his eyesight a little.

"Yes. And you woke me up." he groaned.

"I'm sorry, i'll make it up." she said sweetly.

"How are you going to do tha- umph." he stopped as he felt a soft and sweet taste filling his mouth which woke him up as his eyes widened, looking at the small plate of caramel pudding she was holding.

She smiled at him, "Is it good?"

He stared blankly at her before nodding, "It's really delicious, how did you make this- eum?"

Noticing something odd about her, she quickly placed the pudding on the counter and hid her hands on her back. He frowned and reached out for her hand behind her back as he finally caught hold of her wrist and held it out for him to see as he gasped.

"Younghee.." his tone sounded sad as he glanced at her scalded fingers, some wrapped in a band aid. She pulled her hand away and spoke.

"It's okay, it's not a major injury and i treated it. I was determined to do this anyway, i knew the risks." she smiled again.
He looked hurt as he spoke softer than before, "Why are you doing this? What do you get from all this?"

She gleamed a little and pecked his lips.

"Your happiness."

He was taken aback by her words as he stood there in shock. She then stretched her hand out to grab his and admired how big his hands was compared to hers.

"Didn't you say that you wanted a caramel pudding? And you said that if you could have it one day without involving any sorts of cash, it would be your ultimate happiness." she chuckled as he pouted before embracing her into a gentle hug, caressing her hair.

"I did want it, but i didn't mean it literally. The happiness part."

She giggled, "I know dummy. But still, i won your happiness right?"

He sighed out of relief before he laid his head on top of hers, "Of course you did. You have always won my happiness, in fact, you are my happiness."

She giggled again as he continued, "There won't be a time when I'm not happy being with you."

"Then I'm special?" she teased as she felt the hug tightening.

"If you weren't, i wouldn't be running out of the bed and come here looking like a mess."

"You're lying. If anyone was to cook here and something had happened, you would still come here nonetheless." she pouted as he chuckled.

"You're right. Maybe it's time i talk to the landowner about having me move into another room where my life would be less endangered."

She giggled as she spoke, "Yeah you should. It bothers me too, the fact that living right next to this large kitchen. So promise me you'll talk to the landowner about moving?"
She held up her pinky as he thought about it for a while.

"Okay. But you'll have to promise me one thing too." he smirked as she waited for him to continue with the agreement.

"You'll visit the doctor and treat those scalds okay?"

She groaned as he knew how much she hated going to the hospitals but it was for the best. Pouting, she finally agreed.

"I'll do it. But come with me, that's an order." she held up her pinky again as he chuckled before intertwining his pinky with hers.

"I promise. I'll be there when you ask for it. But do be careful next time you do anything like this. Wait no-" he paused as he looked seriously in her eyes.

"Let's just do it together next time okay?"

She nodded at his sentence and replied, "Okay."