➳ Wonwoo - Books

A loud bump was heard from a corner in the library as everyone's attention turned to the girl with fallen books around her.

Flustered, she quickly stood up, "I-I'm terribly sorry for making such a noise. I'm sorry." she bowed multiple times, picking the books up before placing them back in the book shelves.

She cursed at herself as she sighed heavily, 'Younghee you're such a klutz.'

Right after putting the books back, she worriedly looked around before staring back at the higher book shelf just right above her.

Worried to make another ruckus, she decided to find a small stool to help her reach the higher shelf but unfortunately, there weren't any.

Her eyes showed clear disappointment as she was about to walk away from the shelf she had been around for a while. A small tap was felt on her shoulder as she shuddered at the sight.

A pair of sharp and stern looking eyes bore into hers, making her body quiver in fear.

"A-Ah." she didn't manage to utter a word and closed her eyes. "I-I'm sorry-"

"Here." his voice was low and husky as he spoke.

"E-Eh?" she slowly fluttered her eyes open to see the guy holding out a book she had been eyeing for a while.

Her eyes widened as her mouth opened in excitement, "Ah, the book!" she grinned happily before turning to the guy again.

"Thank you very much. E-Eum.." she paused as he let out a smile.

"Wonwoo, Jeon Wonwoo."

Her heart thumped for a second at his angelic smile, "A-Ah ne, i'm Younghee." she stammered.

'Maybe he isn't as stern as he looks.' she thought.

"Let's head somewhere to sit without bothering the others." he told her as she went along with it nad nodded.

He led her to a corner far away from the main areas of the library and sat on the stair paths where no one would come.

Motioning her to sit, she gently folded her leg and sat in a comfortable position with the book he helped her take just now.

"Younghee-ssi, since when did you start coming to this library? You seem new." he asked politely as she smiled.

"Actually, i just moved in this neighbourhood and when i heard about a huge library just around, i couldn't help but come right away." she giggled as he smiled before realising that she had already gotten comfortable around him.

"How about you Wonwoo-ssi?" she politely asked back.

He placed his arm on his chin, leaning onto it.

"I frequently come, maybe twice or thrice a week to find books to read. The books here are complete, it's a shame that we can't purchase any." he spoke as she gasped.

"Wait, you can't?" she held up the book at him as he shook his head.

"You can only borrow."

She hung her head low, disappointed and a little sad that she couldn't have the book she wanted.

He chuckled before speaking, "But i can take you to a bookstore to buy that book later."

Eyes glimmering in sudden happiness, she shot up and grinned," Really?"

He nodded, "Yeah, i will. So for now, enjoy your peaceful time here before going back to the loud city." he suggested as she giggled.

Opening the first page of the book, it caught his attention, "Hey, what's that book you've been eyeing for?" he asked as she gleamed excitedly.

"This is a book by Jojo Moyes called 'Me before You'. It was published in 2012 but i decided to read it now. In short, it's a tragic kind of like romantic story of a woman named Louisa who's finances aren't in good condition but found a job as a caretaker of a paralysed man called Will." she explained flawlessly as he snorted.

"Are you sure you haven't read this book yet, it sounds like you know the whole story by heart." he told her as she giggled in response.

"I read a summary of this book and it sounds really interesting to read and so i had to check it out. The summary was already touching enough to have me tearing up and I'm excited to read more!" she spoke cheerily and he would chuckle at her expressions.

"It sounds amazing." he blurted out subconsciously as her eyes shone again, causing him to flinch.

"Then, will you read it too?" she eagerly asked.

"E-Ehm, i'm not really into-" he tried to decline bur she persuaded him very smoothly.

"Let's buy a set of this book and maybe read it together in a cafe nearby, yeah, that'll be great!" she suggested before grinning at him.

"Let's read together Wonwoo-ssi. Then we can talk about this the next time we meet again." she held his hands, pressing them together in a form of persuasion.

He giggled at her request before nodding, "Okay, i'll read it with you."

She squealed in excitement before turning to him excitedly, "Gomawo Wonwoo-ssi, let's spend a lot of time together. Just the two of us, reading and talking."

She paused.

"Maybe snacking too."

He answered quickly, almost too quickly.

"Call."

She smiled, satisfied with his answer before witnessing him taking his phone out and handed it to her.

"I'll need your number, I'm pretty sure that we will be meeting each other frequently and so let's switch numbers, agreed?"

She raised a brow at him, "You just want my number don't you?"

"Sshhhh. Partly. But mostly for the sake of books." he answered shyly as she giggled.

"Well, you do have a point. Guess we'll need to be in contact okay, Wonwoo-ssi?"

He frowned a little and she would notice immediately.

"What's wrong?" she questioned.

He kept frowning.

"I don't like being called so formally."

"So what would you prefer?" she spoke, chuckling at his reason.

His eyes wandered for a moment before he shyly answered.

"Wonwoo."

"What did you say?" she replied, putting up an act.

His face flushed a little as he repeated, slightly louder.

"Wonwoo. Wonwoo alone is fine."

At the very last, she put up her brightest grin and nodded her head.

"It's really great to meet you, Wonwoo. Let's get along, okay?"