⇢ Jeonghan - Christmas Spirit

requested by: xmoonlightspiritx

this is me being dedicated to our boys and i swear, i'll slap anyone who disagrees that jeonghan literally describes the word 'angel' in the pic.

our angel (and half devil) has returned.

.
.
.

Shivering at the sudden gush of cold air from the air conditioner, her hands stretched out to reach for the other party supposedly occupying the space beside her on the bed for the purpose of finding warmth.

However, when she could not feel the presence of that person beside her, she quickly peeled her eyes open and sat up abruptly, looking around.

Squinting her eyes and rubbing them, she found herself unconsciously murmuring his name.

"Jeonghan?"

To hef surprise, a sudden creak from the door was heard and a head popped up peeking into the room.

"You're awake, Cherri?" he spoke soothingly.

The girl smiled and nodded before her body plopped back onto the bed but her gaze was still at the boy who was walking his way towards the bed.

Jeonghan sat on the bed before his slender fingers came in touch with her soft cheeks as he caressed them, eyes locked onto each other's.

"Cherri-yah, it's already nine." he spoke softly again, his calm tone continuing to sooth her ears.

"I'm cold." she commented.

He chuckled and grabbed the blanket before covering her with it and patted her twice.

"You should wash up soon and put on something warm. I'll prepare the hot water for you." he then stood up and walked towards the bathroom.

"A-Ah, that's not really necessary, Jeonghan. I-" she spoke but he interrupted her.

"No, just wait there." he insisted as the girl could only sigh in defeat but eventually agreed.

While he prepared everything for her, she was wondering why he was persistent in waking her up early and preparing everything as fast as possible on a peaceful Saturday.

"Jeonghan-ah, what's the occasion today?" Cherri finally asked.

His head then appeared from the toilet door.

"Why do you ask?"

She smiled and shook her head.

"Not really, I'm just curious because Saturday has been us waking up nearly in the afternoon together and lazily spend the day."

Jeonghan chuckled, agreeing in a way.

"Well, it's nearly Christmas, babe. Shouldn't we lift up the Christmas Spirit."

Her body shot up.

"Don't tell me- Jeonghan did you really-" she stopped when he interrupted, smiling slyly.

"Why don't you see it for yourself?"

With that, she stood up and walked out of the door and stepped into the living room before gasping.

An artificial fir tree, about one and a half metre tall, stood there beside the cream sofa, undecorated.

As she couldn't believe what she was looking at, Jeonghan stepped in and smiled at her.

"How is it?" he asked for her opinion.

Cherri turned to him excitedly, smiling from ear to ear as she then hugged him.

"It's perfect, Jeonghan. I love it." she answered sincerely as he hugged her back.

"I know, I'm an amazing boyfriend, right?"

She snorted and rolled her eyes playfully.

"Yeah, yeah, we all know that. Now excuse me while I start decorating the-" she broke the hug and was hurrying to the tree before she felt him circle his arms around her waist, stopping her from escaping.

"Christmas tree? I don't think so, babe. We're gonna decorate together after you wash up and have breakfast with me, agreed?"

Cherri pouted but she could not bring herself to say 'no' at him.

"Okay, okay. I'll be patient." she decided as she then saw a loving smile forming on his lips as he planted his lips onto her forehead for a split second before messing up her the hair.

"Good girl, let's get you straight to the bathroom then."

"Oppa."

Jerking, he spun in one quick motion when he heard her address him as the older.

"Ne?" he responded, trying not to look overly excited.

The girl came out of the bathroom with her hair put down, neat yet natural. Her fashion consisted of her favourite camel sweater and a red plaid skirt with stockings underneath.

Obviously too mesmerised in staring at his girlfriend, he didn't realise that she had been waiting for his reply for a question he did not hear her say.

"Jeonghan?" she repeated as he then snapped back to reality and flinched.

"Y-Yeah?" he stuttered as she giggled.

"I was asking about what we're eating now. Did you prepare anything?" she asked, tucking the loose strands of baby hair behind her ear.

Jeonghan nodded, still flustered.

"Pizza, I ordered pizza, are you okay with that? Oh and I also made hot chocolate for the both of us, is that fine?"

She chuckled with excitement.

"What are you babbling so worriedly about? Of course it's okay. Pizza and hot chocolate is always okay."

His expression brightened as he then let out a relieved breath before smiling radiantly at her.

"Let's eat."

"Cherri-ah, which ornaments do you want to hang here?" he sat on top of the step ladder with a box of ornaments on his lap as he waited for her opinion.

While he sat there looking blank, she was a little below him, struggling to untangle herself from the strings of pale coloured light up garland she was supposed to be in charge with.

"Uh, since the garland isn't too colourful, maybe silver and gold ones would work- Or maybe any colour would do if I can't manage to untangle myself without breaking them." she groaned as he chuckled above her but obeyed.

"Take your time and be careful with it. I'll finish everything else for you." he spoke before starting to hang up a few of the ornaments.

He added. "Besides, even if it does break, we still have ribbons as spares. That'll work."

Concentrating on her work, she finally progressed a little as she replied.

"No, we need the tree to light up brightly this year. Unlike the one last year where your friend accidentally tripped over the garland and broke it so we ended up with a lifeless looking tree." she retorted and he chuckled.

"Hey, Soonyoung said that he was sorry."

"Sorry won't erase the memory of that one gloomy day."

He chuckled again.

"Cherri-yah, you're desperate, aren't you?"

She nodded, agreeing to his statement as he then laughed in defeat.

"Okay, we'll make things work out this year. It'll live up to your hopes, yeah?"

Cherri looked above her and grinned, brimming with confidence.

"Definitely." she answered before he then gave a short sigh, in a good way and he then inhaled sharply, stating.

"Okay, let's work hard."

She grinned at him as he did the same before she then esclaimed.

"I will!"