s e u n g k w a n

예쁘다

"Oh no-" she took a glance at the clock on her table before she yanked the denim jacket hanging on the coat hanger and wasted no time to get out of the apartment leading outside.

Rushing from street to street, she stopped and panted heavily upon to arriving at the bus station. Taking a quick breath, she felt a figure shadowing in front of her and when she looked up, a sheepish smile was forming on her face.

"You're late, Younghee." the boy with a blue cardigan outside a denim button up crossed his arm and frowned.

Younghee chuckled and could only appeal cutely as an apology.

"I'm sorry, I didn't pay attention to the time. I'll treat you to some food later, are you okay with that, Seungkwan?"

Seungkwan's eyes immediately lit up and sparkled upon to the topic brought up.

He faked a cough and spoke rather arrogantly, in a good way.

"Because you insisted, I will have to agree. This is also part of the punishment for being late."

She chuckled at how easy it was for her to be forgiven. Breathing rather normally now, she then stood up straight and grinned at the boy.

"Let's go now. You lead the way, Seungkwan Boo." she pushed him from the back as he smirked.

"Good. Now you know who's the leader around here. Follow me, servant." he took her by the hand as she chuckled behind him whilst enjoying the time he's being awfully shy with skinships but pretends to be natural at it.

"Hey, isn't this pretty?" he pointed at one of the ring with a shimmering diamond in the display cabinets.

"I'm confused."

He looked away from the glass display and turned to her.

"What is?" he asked.

"The fact that you're here to pick wedding rings for your sister, that's odd." she answered, also helping to look.

He scoffed. "Well sorry for being the most dependable younger brother in the world."

Younghee chuckled a little.

"Yeah, yeah, I know. You pick the best gifts for your own family, it's actually not very surprising of you."

He smiled and felt triumphant.

"Of course I do."

"But then the other thing I find odd is the fact that I'm here to accompany you." she continued.

"Why do I need to be here?" she questioned whilst watched him continue to look at rings from display to display.

"Well, the bride-to-be can't be here because she's too busy arranging her own wedding so I got you with me instead." he answered while his finger pointed at one of the rings and the shopkeeper immediately took it out for him.

She continued to watch him as he fiddled with the ring, taking multiple close ups before he turned to her and showed her the ring.

"How's this?"

Her eyes grew large and surprised at the twinkling diamond of the ring. She quickly smiled and spoke, "This is really pretty."

Then looked up to Seungkwan who was smiling proudly.