Every Mermaid Needs A Fish

Have you ever heard the saying, "every boy needs a dog"? Well, what about "every mermaid needs a fish"?

Seriously! You are half-fish! Any way to make your house more ocean-like!

When I was little, I had an Oscar fish, and he was my best friend. I'm not even joking. I would sit and talk to him, pretending he knew what I was saying. I told him my dreams of being a mermaid, and read him stories of under the sea.

Oscar fish grew HUGE! And my fish tank wasn't big enough for him, so my mother sold him online. I was sobbing my eyes out because he was my first friend!

Imagine that: my first friend was a fish. Sounds stupid, I know:

Looking back, I realize now that after staring at Oscar's tank, it's what inspired me to be a mermaid. Watching the tiny waves, the plants, the rocks of the tank...it was a wonderland full of beauty.

After years of my fishless life, I begged my parents to get me another fish.

And they said yes. 😊

Meet Cookie Monster!

(I have to clean the fish tank😞)

He's a blue beta. Betas are annoyed easily by other betas, so having another beta in the tank would cause them to fight until, um, death. So, sadly, I can't have another one (because that means another tank).

Do you guys have any fish at home? What's their name? What kind of fish?

Bye for now, Mermaids!

-StoryGirl808