I Met A Siren

Today I met a siren! You might be thinking, "she found a siren in the ocean!" Or "she got lured into her spell!" Or something adventurous like that.

Actually, she was my band substitute, since my band teacher wasn't there today.

At first I thought nothing of it. Our substitute was a tall woman with long long LONG black hair (it stopped right under her hipbone). She looked a little old with wrinkles under her eyes, but she still look young.

Her clothes were a little odd, however. She wore a long robe that was longer than her hair and stopped at her knees. She dressed strange, yes, but I didn't jump to conclusions.

Everything was great until kids in my class started to misbehave. She shushed them, but they rudely ignored her.

It started with a hum. Then under her breath, and finally normally until everyone stopped to hear the beautiful noise.

I must admit, I almost got lured into her spell. The noise was so beautiful, so welcoming. I wanted to be trapped in that noise forever, it was so pretty.

But, since I studied and believe in mermaids, I knew what her trick was. I snapped out of my daze, and looked at our substitute with a look.

She was confused at first. Everyone was  quiet, and staring at her, especially all of the boys. They were all in her spell, and listening to her like a song.

She realized I knew, and that she needed to stop. She sang another song that sounded upbeat and calming...and luring.

Everyone was back to their normal selves, although they were confused of what happened, but they shrugged it off, not caring.

I didn't say anything to anyone, not even to her. She was embarrassed, and kept staring at me.

I think that the spell was to silence everyone, not to hurt them and make them love her.

So! Today was pretty well! I mean, I met my first siren! And the best part was that she wasn't evil, which is even more rare!

Have any of you guys meet a siren? I hope you do some day!