Chapter One

Tamara's POV

I was sitting in my English classroom talking to my best friend, Arianna who was sitting behind me. My English teacher was in the middle of setting something up for our class to work on, so we are all just talking to our friends.

"Quieten down!" My English teacher, Mr.Reed, shouts. When we all turn around and  give him our attention, he says, "We are going to be working on projects this term, you will be put into pairs now, and they will be due the last day before Christmas break."

I didn't mind English, we usually got projects so that Mr.Reed can sit doing whatever he does on his computer while we do our projects. I didn't really have a favourite subject. I didn't really like school, but it's almost over, this is my last year, so yay.

"We are going to pick partners out of a hat." He picks up a hat and shows us a load of papers inside. "First pair..." He picks two pieces of paper out, and then calls out the names.

I sit there silently until my name is called out. "Tamara and..." He picks his next piece of paper out, "Jacob."

I look back at my best friend and roll my eyes.

Jacob Taylor, the popular guy of our school. The guy every girl wants to be with, and also the guy I have a huge crush on since forever. This is probably the first time he has ever heard of me, even though both our best friends went out, we never really met, we both didn't hang out with the couple. Didn't want to be third wheelin', I guess.

"Hah." Arianna chuckles and points at me, just a her name gets called out.

"Arianna and.." Mr.Reed says. "Dylan."

I turn back around to my best friend, while she's now frowning at me.

"Hah." I chuckle and point at Arianna, just like he had just done to me.

Dylan was Jacobs best mate. They were friends since I can remember. Kind of like me and Arianna. But Dylan and Arianna had some history. They aren't on the best of terms. They went out for awhile but Dylan went through his parents divorce and pushed everyone away. Including Jacob. In the end Arianna and him broke up and he started to go around with other girls. She's not over him but she's not going to let him away with it either. So I'd say them being paired up for a project will be great.

Class finished soon after, and I pack my bag and get up to leave, and turn to wait for my best friend. Arianna turns around when Dylan says her name, but she turns straight back around after seeing who it is, throwing her bag on her back and walking out of the room.

I look at Dylan, who is standing beside Jacob. He looks kind of hurt, so I give him a weak smile before walking after Arianna.

When I finally catch up to her, because apparently she's a really fast walker, I put my hand on her shoulder, "You okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, I feel stupid for still liking him still. He hurt me so bad, yet I still love him. How am I supposed to work with him until Christmas?"

"I get it, you can't just turn your feelings off, but you'll get through it. I know you will."

"You've gotten Jacob, your crush since forever!"

"Shh! He will probably have to ask Dylan who I am."

"He won't. Your not as invisible as you think."

"Whatever you say." I chuckle. "Now come on, we have only got one more class till we get to leave this place for today!"

"It's Monday.. As in we have to go back to school to tomorrow.. As in Tuesday, the day we have double English. Lord help me."

"Way to ruin someone's high." I frown.

"Just stating the obvious." Arianna smirks and we walk into our next class.

-------------------

The bell finally goes signalling the end of school. I go to my locker and meet Arianna at her car.

"Ready?" She asks smiling.

When her smile changes to a frown before I answer I notice her looking behind me. I turn around to face Dylan and Jacob.

"We need to be able to work together, Arianna." Dylan says, I can hear the desperation seeping through his voice.

Arianna seems to get mad instead of sad, and walks over to beside me.

"Work together! You want us to be able to work together? We broke up because you couldn't work with me, when you pushed everyone away. We broke up because I couldn't handle not being able to work with you!" She shouts. "You can't tell me we need to be able to work together. Just because it's an English project doesn't mean I have to work with you, I'll do my part you do yours. But I'm not working with you."

"Arianna, please." Dylan says.

I look at the ground uncomfortable just standing here listening. I look at Jacob quickly to see he's doing the same thing.

"I can't work with you, I can't look at you, never mind work with you," Arianna says quietly. "Tamara lets go."

"I'm so-" Dylan starts but Arianna interrupts.

"Please don't." She says before walking over and getting into the car.

"She's hurt." I say quietly before getting  into the car too.

"Can we just pretend that never happened." Arianna says driving off.

"Yeah, we can." I say and look at Arianna.

She curses his name but I don't miss the way she looks back at him through the car mirror.

Surprise! It's a new book! What do you guys think so far? I'll try make the other chapters longer, and I'm sorry that this is mostly about Arianna and Dylan but they will have a role to play! There will be more but this is important to the book! Love y'all! -m xx