4-You Looked Like You Were Doing the Hokey Pokey

Chapter 4
You Looked Like You Were Doing the Hokey Pokey

"Slick?" Static asked, "who the hell names themselves Slick?"

"Is that seriously what comes to mind at a time like this?" I demanded, shutting him up.

"When they get down there they're going to light the rope on fire and we're going to explode," I looked over to Static who seemed to have no interest in what I was saying.

"Dude, do you have a death wish or something?" He snapped his attention back to me, "help me!"

"I'm trying to come up with a plan!" He exclaimed, "they didn't tie us very well you know. I could easily just do this-" Static slipped his hand out of the rope, followed by his other hand.

We both stared at his hands for a few seconds. "Well that was easy," I muttered, still watching him.

"See? I told you, they didn't tie us very well," he untied his feet and made his way over to me.

"How does this 'Slick' guy expect to be a villain if he doesn't even know how to be bad?" I heard him mutter under his breath as he helped me out of the rope.

Once we were both untied I took a peek out the window. Below us, the rope was burning it's way up the wall.

"Static," I called, "get some scissors or something!"

"What? Why?-"

"Because we're going to explode!" I screamed at him, and he frantically ran around looking.

I looked back out the window and searched for any of Slick's minions, but everyone seemed to have fled.

I looked down at the rope, and it was still burning it's way up. In a minute we'd be exploding into smithereens.

"Static!" I called again, turning around.

"I found a pair!" He came running to meet me at the window.

"If you don't cut that rope we're going to die soon," I told him, and then remembered that there was an unconscious body on the other end of the room.

"Cut the rope!" I yelled at him as I rushed towards Sherif Gunner.

He didn't look pale or hurt. There wasn't a trace of blood on his body, so he must have been okay since I could feel a pulse. Although, he could have had a concussion for all I knew.

I dragged his very heavy body to the window where Static struggled to cut the rope. I could see a bed of sweat forming on his forehead, mixed with his grunting.

"For Pete's sake," I muttered and snatch the scissors for his hands. I pushed him aside and tried to cut the rope myself.

"Not so easy, huh?" Static scowled as I struggled to cut the rope. I continued in my attempt at cutting the rope as Static leaned over the sill and caught his breath.

"Hurry. Like, seriously, you need to hurry," he shook my shoulder a little and I growled.

"Your turn, smart ass," I shoved the scissors into his chest, (the handle part, obviously. I'm a superhero for crying out loud, I don't go around committing homicide) and let him try.

He continued once again and I went and fetched the sherif's body. I clung to his weight and got ready to jump in case Static fucked up, which he would probably do.