7-I Did Not Have a Threesome!

Chapter Seven
I Did Not Have a Threesome!

Static and I spent already four hours trying to track down Slick with no luck. We don't even have a lead, much like how no one has a lead on Static.

Static lets out a quiet sigh and leans back in my chair, dragging a hand down his face.

"How are we ever going to find him?" Static whispers.

"The only way we would be able to catch his attention would be to get into trouble and wait for him to show," I suggest, taking a handful of pretzels. "But that would be too obvious. He's clearly expecting us to do that."

"Why would it matter?" Static responds in a hushed tone "the whole point would be for him to show up. It doesn't matter if he expects it or not."

I watch as Static lets out another frustrated sigh.

"Maybe we should watch a movie instead," I suggest and he spins in my office chair to face me, where I sit on my bed. "You seem really tense. Maybe we should just relax."

Static waits a moment before nodding. "Yeah, sure. I guess it won't hurt." He gets up and I make space on my bed for him while pulling my laptop into my lap, ironically.

"What are we going to watch?" Static asks as I bring up Netflix.

I shrug. "Whatever you want," I tell him.

"Clueless," Static points at the screen and I give him a look while pressing the movie.

I plug in my earbuds and hand him one while asking him, " I didn't know you liked chick-flicks," I commented with a smile and he chuckled.

"Why? Just because I'm a guy?" He asked and shook his head, "I happen to like a lot of things, thank you very much."

I smiled and turned up the volume as the movie started.

A few minutes in, Static talks, " Grayson was and will never be worth it, you know?"

I didn't flinch at the topic of Grayson. It almost felt natural to talk about him to Static.

"I know that, but it doesn't make it hurt any less."

"I know that," Static moves closer to me and puts an arm around my back in a comforting way. " you were in a relationship, of course it's going to hurt. We just want to reassure you that we know your worth. Maybe Grayson doesn't, but we do. And we're not saying this because we pity you. We're saying this because we care."

In a way that kind of made sense. Everyone was always comforting me, and I didn't always want them to because I just thought they were pitying me. I didn't want anyone's pity.

But if that's really why they talk to me about this, and they really do care, then I guess that makes me feel a bit less lonely to know I have support.

"Thank you," I whisper and lean my head in his shoulder and he tightens his grip around me.

I close my eyes and start to relax. I'm about to fall asleep when I hear something in my room.

"Well, aren't you two getting cosy?"

My first thought is that we were talking too loud and Drew caught us, so I immediately push Static away from me and he lands on the floor with a loud thud and an 'oof' leaving his mouth.

But then I realized that if it was Drew then he wouldn't have said anything. He would have just punched Static in the face.

I whirl around to see Slick, with Static laying at his feet.