23-I'm Here To Play

Chapter Twenty-Three
I'm Here To Play

Just a quick recap to get you guys caught up. Basically, Audrey and Drew disappeared one morning and once Skylar arrived at school she realized they were under some kind of hypnosis, as they gave students these microchips. They were told they were trackers but they were actually being used so Slick could control the population.

Sam revealed himself to be Beast, a Super (not Static ahaha) and then Static came in and brought Sky and Sam to his lair where they found Graeme. They all earned a warning from Slick, telling them to head to City Hall. They headed, and once they got in, they all got trapped and then it continues from last chapter.

Chapter Twenty-Three

I came to another hall, one that felt longer than the rest. I took a moment, before creeping slowly beside the narrow walls, almost as if I were afraid they'd crush me.

There were no doors. It was just one long, dark hall. I stared at the end of it, and i could make out dim lights.

I started to pick up my pace. I didn't know how long it would be until someone found me. I dug my heels into the ground with every step, trying to reach the end.

As I approached the end of the hall, I could see it was a big open room. And in the middle, laid Static.

I took off in a sprint towards him, pushing my legs as fast as they could take me.

He was laid out on one of those chairs you see in horror movies, the ones where scientists do weird experiments on you. The only difference was that he wasn't surrounded in glass jars full of unknown substances, or funny looking machines. There was furniture all around him.

I gripped his arms, trying to shaking him while inspecting for injuries.

"Static?" I asked. "Static, its Skylar. You have to wake up."

He remained motionless, still strapped into the chair. My eyes widened and I quickly brought my ear to his mouth to see if he was breathing.

I could hear his breath, and he was breathing steadily. I brought my head up to watch him, with his chest rising and falling.

Maybe he was under some kind of anesthetic? Is that why he couldn't move?

"Static," I nudged him gently once more. I was praying he'd wake up, because time was crucial at the moment and I didn't have time to find a way to carry him out.

I clenched my jaw. I let out a frustrated breath as I started unstrapping him myself, letting his limbs fall loosely from position.

But a hitch in his breath, or some kind of hiccup, caused me to look up to find him lining awake.

"Thank god," I sighed, bringing my hands up to cup his cheeks. "Please Static, you need to help me get us out of here."

He blinked again. His eyes rolled around until they met mine, and he blinked again, before narrowing.

He sat up, ignoring my hands. He kept his eyes locked on mine as he furrowed his brows.

I opened my mouth to speak, by nothing came out as I found his hands wrapped tightly around my neck.

In a flash, he slammed me back down and my body hit the floor.

After a moment of shock, I gained back my senses quick enough before he tried planting his foot into my intestines.