11-It's Alright, It's OK

Chapter Eleven
It's Alright, It's OK

The second I stepped through my apartment door, Audrey was somehow already there.

She had dragged me to my room, sat me down, and went makeup frenzy on my face. I was confused for a second until I realized that it was probably for that date which must have been tonight.

"What's this?" I held up a colourful stick.

"Lip-liner," she answered as she dabbed my cheeks with this cool brush.

"Why don't you just use eyeliner?" I ask her her.

"Because eyeliner is for you eyes. Lip-liner is for your lips," she replies.

"But you could save money by using one for both," I tell her like it's obvious.

"Good for you," she says while tuning out of our conversation, clearly not listening to me as she applied for makeup to my face.

Minutes later she drags me over to my closet and pulls out a dress she once bought me which I never had the decency to wear because its very exposing.

"Put this on," she shoves the dress in my arms and I know better than to pick a fight, so I grudgingly changed into the tight, black dress which went down to about mid thigh.

I tugged at the end of the dress, trying to bring it down lower. "You know if I tried to do the splits or something it'll expose my entire butt."

She shrugs. "Then don't do the splits."

I scowl at her as she pulls me into the living room where my brother is sitting, watching ESPN.

"Whoa," he gapes when he sees me, his mouth full of grapes. "Did you get a job as a stripper and not tell me?" He stands up and walks over to us, looking furious.

He points a finger at me, "Because I swear, if you did-"

"Shut the hell up, will you?" Audrey playfully slaps his arm, snapping him out of his rage, "she's going on a date."

The fire in his eyes (literally) is back and he balls his fists. "That's even worse!" He roars.

"Well then..." Audrey grabs my arm and tugs me towards the door, "we'll be off."

We're soon sprinting down the hall to the elevator, Drew hot on our heels (literally. Again. If I were to look back his whole body would be on fire.) chasing us down the hall.

We both stumble into the lift, and Audrey starts spamming the close button, muttering "close, close, close, close," under her breath repetitively.

Drew sprints, trying to reach us in time just as the door closes and with a loud 'thud' and a 'crack' I'm pretty sure he face planted with the metal door.

"Ouch," the two of us say in unison, and I cringe at the thought of breaking his nose.

"He better not interrupt your love life no more," Audrey declares.

"Speaking of my love life, what about yours?" I wiggle my eyebrows at her and her eyes widen but she avoids my state.

"What about you and Dakota?" I sing his name and get up all close in her face.

"Your breath stinks," she grunts, still avoiding my graze.

"I didn't think it would since you forced me to brush my teeth twice," I tease her with an amused smirk.

"Ugh," she lets out an exaggerated sigh, "when we saw him at DQ that wasn't the first time I met him. I know him from somewhere else."

"Oohh," I tickle her and she fails to surprise a smile.