14-Wait, So is He Horny All the Time?

Chapter Fourteen
Wait, So is He Horny All the Time?

"There you go, little guy." I gently placed the small kitten back on the ground. I patted his small head as he meowed before running off.

I could hear faint panting coming from behind me, so I turned around to see a guy in lime green spandex, jogging over to the tree where I stood.

He came to a stop beside me, and placed his hands on his knees as he tried to catch his breath.

"That," he said in between breaths as he pointed an accusing finger to at me, "was my job."

"Well you weren't here to do your job, so I decided to rescue that kitten—who was hanging from that tree branch with his small paws, may I add— on my own," I gave him a pointed look.

He threw his hands up in the air. "I'm sorry I can't fly or run at the speed of light!"

"Who are you again," I raised an eyebrow at him.

He gave me a look, almost as if he was insulted that it wasn't obvious.

"Beast!" He cried. "I'm Beast!"

"Okay then, Beast," I licked my lips, "what exactly do you do?"

"I talk to animals," he shrugged.

"That's it?" I queried.

"Yeah," he thought for a moment, "pretty much," he nodded.

"So basically you're telling me that you're a dog whisperer?"

He shook his head, paused, then nodded. "Okay, I see where you're coming from. But if you must put it that way then I would be an animal whisperer."

"How does that power work?" I shook my head, "what would you have done for that poor kitten? Convince her to come down?"

His eyes narrowed and he crossed his arms. "Maybe."

I let out a small chuckle. "So you're an animal counsellor?"

"No I'm not!" He defended.

"Don't worry," I assured him, "it's alright, it's cute."

He let out an exaggerated sigh and crossed his arms as he glared at me.

"I'm leaving," he turned around and stomped off, leaving me at the tree.

"Who was that?"

I jumped a bit at the sound of her voice. I looked over my shoulder to see Luna as she watched Beast walk away.

"Some Super I just met," I told her.

She didn't say anything so I looked back at her to see a look of discomfort on her face, and then I felt it too.

"Henderson Park," She commented, and I nodded.

Henderson Park? Again? I thought.

Hopefully it's not Graeme again.

"Want a ride there?" She asked me but I shook my head with a yawn.

"I'm getting tired," I told her honestly, "Do you think you could handle it on your own?"

"Of course," She smiled, "Plus, there will probably be other Supers on their way."

I nodded. "Most likely."

"Well if you're not coming, so you want a ride home?" She asked me but I shook my head.

"I don't want to keep you," My friend opened her mouth to say something but I spoke before she could, "I can walk home. I'm a Super. You're a Super. Supers can handle themselves."