Epilogue

Epilogue

6 months later

"Thanks again, Graeme," I said to him as he carried another box inside.

"You're welcome," he answered, looking around. "I mean, I'm still very jealous of your window view."

I followed his stare to the window, which gave a beautiful view of the city and was straight across from King's Tower.

"Anyway," Graeme sighed. "I should start heading back. It's getting late." He looked down at his watch.

"Well again thank you so much for helping us out," I smiled.

"I'll see you in a few Sky, bye!" He waved goodbye as he exited our new home.

I always wanted to move into the apartments across from King's Tower. The complex was modern and the view was amazing. After begging Drew, he finally complied we found ourselves moving out of our old home and into a new one.

I dug through one of my boxes to retrieve me spandex suit and quickly pulled it on.

Drew came through the door with Audrey behind him, carrying a box each. They put the boxes down with all the others.

"Are you headed out?" Drew asked, looking down at his watch. "It's only 7 and Graeme just left, he won't be ready for awhile."

"I know," I told him. "But I'm going to head out early. I've got nothing better to do."

"Alright," he sighed. "Are you hanging out around M&H park?"

"Yup," I piped.

"Well, stay safe Sky," Audrey told me as she continued to empty boxes.

I was yet to be familiar with the best exits in the building. The balcony seemed to be my best bet, so I took off from there.

I had gotten a lot more practice with controlling my shield and manipulating that force. I had finally mastered the act of levitating myself, and I had begun using it for travel purposes. It wasn't as precise as flying, and I would never be able to go as fast as if I were to be flying, but it came in handy a lot of the time for times such as these when I had to rely on myself to find and escape an area.

The wind blew my hair, causing it to whip the sides of my face. It wasn't much of a bother because I barely noticed it, and it was nothing compared to the feeling of freedom and finally being able to be alone in the air. Just the sky and me.

The park came into view. I got a nostalgic feeling in my chest as I circled over the green trees. I couldn't suppress the memories of the last time I was here. I lowered until my feet hit the ground. I gave myself a moment to recover and let my eyes scan the area.

I bit my lip as I recalled finding the phone. As I heard those muffled voice coming from the other end. The bodies clouded my vision next. Those limp and empty bodies, dirtied and bloody. So much blood. 

I shut my eyes. There was so much death in the park. Death I saw. Death I was accused of. Death I wasn't able to prevent.

I opened them. The grass was green, the flowers were blooming. It was so beautiful, untouched, and un kept. Few people visited this park. Not after what had happened. This most action it got was drug deals and crimes, which is what Graeme and I wanted to prevent tonight.

It felt like there were eyes on me. There was this haunting feeling that something bad was going to happen, yet I knew nothing was going to happen. I was safe, and no stranger or silhouette could harm me.