24-Shoot Yourself

Chapter Twenty-Four
Shoot Yourself

I thought she was going to charge straight at us, but instead she gave us a wicked smile as she waited for us to make the first move.

"If you're not going to fight us could you let us go?" I asked harshly.

Without waiting for a response I whipped around and moved towards the other room, only to have Missy flip in front of my path.

"What even are you to Slick?" I demanded. "His Harley Quinn?"

She laughed and licked her teeth. "I like the sound of that."

"It wasn't a compliment," I hissed. Being fed up, I used my shield to force her out of my way, only to watch in surprise as she jumped out of it's path just in time.

I was caught off guard as she too, used a purple force-like power to throw me to the other side of the room.

"She has defence powers like me," I grunted, picking myself up.

It was Static's turn to charge at her, so he ran straight at her, tackling her to the floor.

He used his super strength to punch her in the gut, only to have her grip his fist before it reached her.

"What the..." he was cut short as she threw him to the other side of the room. I raised my brows in surprise and shock.

"Well come on now," he crossed her arms, "who's going to come at me next?"

"No one," I answered. "We're not looking for a fight."

She threw her head back and laughed. The sound of it made me shiver.

"Funny thing is," she pointed a finger at me. "I'm looking for a fight."

I shook my head. I didn't want to play games, by it felt as we had to get past her to reach the final boss fight.

"Just try to get around her," Static said. "I'll shock her."

I didn't question him, so instead i went forward, making my way to the path Missy was blocking.

She stood there watching me. I tried passing her, but she would jump in whichever way I was going for. She didn't attack.

I bit my lip and shot out my shield, to which she was able to deflect using the shield of the same kind.

"Mimicry," Static said from behind me.

"What?" I asked, and watched as Missy smiled even bigger.

"Someone figured it out," she smirked and let out a high laugh.

"She can mimic any powers used against her," he said, and it finally made sense.

"Still thinking of shocking me?" She teased.

"Go," Static told me. "Don't use any powers. Just try to get around her and find Slick, she she's too afraid to touch you."

"What will you do?" I asked him.

He sent me a charming smile, and in this instant only then did I realize how gorgeous he looked when he smiled.

"I'll do my best," he assured me.

I nodded and turned my attention back to Missy, who was glaring at the both of us.

I took charge, Static behind me. I approached her again, and this time I could see the fear in her eyes.

I easily slid past her as she focused her eyes on Static, looking fearful.

I felt bad for the girl, I really did. But I had no time for pity as I rushed out of the room and into the hall.