15-That Is Why You Never Bite a Man With Electricity Running Through His Veins

Chapter Fifteen
That Is Why You Never Bite a Man With Electricity Running Through His Veins

Once Static saw that I had started to feel sleepy, he had flown me back to my bedroom and put me to sleep. Maybe it was due to my half consciousness, but for whatever the reason, I had asked him to stay. I had expected him to say no, but instead he laid on my bed beside me, and waited until I was fast asleep. Then he left like he always did.

This morning, I had  been woken up not by the angelic sound of my alarm, (note the sarcasm), but rather by my brother banging on my room door at six in the morning, demanding me if I knew shit.

"What the hell is this?" Drew had pulled me out of my room and into the living room, where Audrey already sat, staring at the TV with a conflicted look in her eyes.

"What the hell is what?" I slurred and rubbed my eyes, plopping down next to my best friend on the couch.

With a frown, she gently pulled my hands away from my eyes and pointed at the small screen. "That."

My eyes widened at the sight. On the news they were showing a picture that was supposedly taken this morning, exposing one of the walls of the General Hospital.

"What is that?" I sat up straighter so I could get a better look at what was painted against the grey wall.

"Graffiti," Drew answered with a scowl.

I eyed over to black spray paint. My brows furrowed at the sight of the evident exploding building, signed by Static.

"What the hell is this?" Drew exclaimed once more as he pointed a finger at the screen. "I thought you said he was on our side!"

"I thought he was too," I nodded as I kept my eyes on the screen. What I didn't understand is how he could have found the time to paint that if he spent the night with me. I mean, he could have painted it before or after he came to see me but I would have trusted him to tell me about doing something like that.

"It's not that bad," I tried to reason, "It could just be art."

"You know what? I give up," My brother raised his hands in defeat, "I thought you tamed him but you clearly didn't. Please, just deal with the villain."

"He's not a villain," I shot back and whipped my head in my brother's direction, but he just strolled out of the room, completely ignoring my comment.

I shot Audrey a glance but she just gave me a guilty smile before trotting after my brother.

***

By the time Sam had picked me up, my mind was still buzzing with questions. I couldn't wrap my head around what Static did. I didn't know why he did it, what it meant, and I hadn't received an explanation. I didn't even know if I was going to get one.

"You alright?" Sam questioned as we made our way out of my tall apartment building.

I nodded in response and followed him to the curb where a blue KIA rested. As a gentleman, Sam opened the passenger door for me to climb in. I smiled at him in thanks as he shut the door and walked over to the driver's side and hopped in too.

The engine roared to life and we pulled away from the curb. I snook a glance a Sam who was watching the road intently, and I wondered if that was because he was afraid to look at me.

"So..." I perked as I looked out the window and fiddled with my hands.

"So..." Sam repeated.

"Where are you taking us?" I decided to ask him.