Chapter 3 (17) Surrendering for my home(unedited)

I am here, where is here? Alive. Unharmed. My ears are popping, that's weird... The building, I am thinking I am still Alive which means yet again Argos was right! I looked around to see crystal shards laying mixed with the rubble of the building, so I stood carefully, walking in what looks like the shortest route through the rubble. I don't know how much time has elapsed since I was at the top of the building so I need to get to the fight. Everything I passed over was gray with black dust or smudges on it that's all there was gray and black everywhere, no blue shards of glass, no gold outcropping from the window seals, no books or trinkets. I survived with luck but no one that would have normally been in the building would have lived, I had to hope that the kid and the man survived, for my sake and for my sanity let them have lived. I remembered plunging my rapier into the building I guess I had a really good grip on it because it's still in my hand but for the burst to decimate a building I was definitely lucky to be alive. Amongst the ash, I felt cold and alone, weird because I have never felt alone but it is the truth.

I was almost to the edge of the rubble when a mechanical voice sounded from a nearby building, "You are finally awake?" Forget mechanical that is maniacal! "That was Impressive, surviving where most would crumble but do not mistake my words to mean that the danger is gone." The fact that I don't know who I am talking to does not help the fact that I theorized that the Racalnas would invade by force since I basically just told them that getting rid of the planet wouldn't work, guess that means I need to get my bearings, "I am heading over to the east business district, that is where you will find the main bulk of the Racosan forces but where are my manners you don't know who you are talking too." With that, the spectator took off the heavy helmet piece of the black armor. Shiro! The helmet hit the ground and soon the rest of the heavy technician armor fell with leaving what I would call an assassin uniform with weapons hanging from every area that would not affect movement. The forest green eyes looked into my soul judging me before she smiled in her playful manner, " when you are ready to play hero, we need you desperately so don't take too long, you know where to find us."

Without haste I started to run once I made it out of the rubble, I had no time to lose, Shiro probably had a shuttle or a fighter to get to the other side of the city, I had to use my legs. Wait where was Argos, he hasn't said anything or made his presence known to me since before the capital building was destroyed. So I called out, "Argos!"

I knew if he was still alive he would respond and I was right, within moments his blue haze appeared, "Yes!" High optimism, I think he liked the fact that we saved the world, well mostly but I think it's time to finish the job.

"Find someone in the east business district that is about to die, prepare relocation!" I calmed myself not knowing who I was about to save but I might just get there before Shiro, how cool would that be, not that it matters that the new technology is cool, it might be a step above the Racosan's technology.

I nodded to Argos knowing he would get the hint so I readied myself to stab at whatever or whoever would kill for less than a good reason, it's a bad thought but sometimes since that night in the woods I ask myself if they even have souls, they live and think so I must believe that they do. Argos's reply was simple and straightforward like before, "Relocating!" This time, he was more sincere about the possibility of survival and that in itself was obvious. So I held my sword waiting for an instant of dizziness to take me and when it did I forced myself forward letting the blur consume me for the moment knowing that if I failed in this moment I would die and save one or I would live to tell everyone that we can win this war, with a huff I closed my eyes so I could see again so instead I felt instead of looking, I knew Argos would guide me into the enemy instead of an ally with my status. Argos can think a lot faster than I can and he is neurally linked to me, allowing him to read my thoughts almost instantly, I know he won't let me down, he can't, I have to believe that as if my life depends on it because the simple fact is that my life does depend on our working together. I was left with only my feelings as I felt a slight resistance to my movement which could only mean that I made contact with something, the liquid drops I felt on my right-hand were thick unwanting to move, blood, that's all I could believe and I knew when I opened my eyes that my victim would be the first and only thing I saw and strangely I was fine with that so I opened my eyes.