Chapter 4 (18) Daring Rescue(unedited)

Was I right? Did they leave my home like we discussed before they imprisoned me? I feel another unbearable burst of pain shot through my body forcing me to scream in agony. I feel like I have fallen from the stratosphere with nothing to stop me as I crashed into the ground and I am somehow still in one piece. My blood feels like it's boiling, burning its way out of my body, and flowing out of my body by force. I could feel the blood cooling as it dripped in my fur and onto the floor. That's what it felt like anyways, I could hear a maniacal laugh as something hot is placed on my back making my fur shrivel up, leaving my skin unprotected and allowing my skin to burn and blister. I screamed again unable to contain the pain, so this is what breaking feels like? I heard a cracking sound, most likely from bones breaking meaning my nerves have given out and I can't feel my now broken tail. I opened my eyes looking into the dark room again to hear something fall. Looking over to my right I see the guard that has brought me closer and closer to breaking and begging for the pain to stop to be on the ground dead. Someone, I could bearly make out walked around the now dead Racosan, wearing black, just black, shorter than me about as tall as Zane but it was the weapon that was held out to be once my restraints were loosened that made me realize who set me free. Shiro!

She made it, I was free because she came, she rescued me and for that, she would always have my thanks. I knew she would come to my rescue if I asked her after reading her file, I knew what she did wrong but I believe that we all make mistakes, I know I made one at least that was unforgivable. leaving everything behind to save my world, maybe more but that is the main reason because I want my daughter to know Saltaner so I will have to live with the fact that I almost willingly sealed a fate for her to possibly never meet me but this war could kill me at any moment regardless. I would have to get over that on my own.

Shiro held out a small device, the little light in the room reflecting on it just enough to allow me to see that it is a communications device. I picked it up as she spoke, "when you are ready to leave just follow the trail of dead enemy's." She would say something like that so I followed her out going to where the bridge should be, laughing that I made it to the bridge an no alarms had gone off. I knew Shiro covered her tracks but this was ghost like! As if on schedule the alarms went off as I walked through the threshold. There are five officers, including Colonial Galek which I already marked as unwilling to cooperate and would die here, my instincts told me that the man on her left was my best bet so I stepped to the side since I entered from the back of the bridge so I could see everyone.

I fired four rounds before any of them knew I was there, that meant four out of five were dead or dying, I don't miss often but I had to focus on my agenda so I look in to the startled eyes of the soul survivor, "I don't want to hurt you, I actually have a proposition for you." Pausing for a second I took a breath, "if you want a different outcome for the war." I see fear in his green eyes, I know I should want this but I don't need fear I need trust.

His fear does not seem to control him and it is evident in his voice, "if you are going to kill me go ahead and finish the job!" He doesn't fear death, that's good but maybe I can turn that in to something more.

"I don't intend to kill you." I lower my pistol and remove the power clip, "I do not think our peoples have to at war, in fact I will leave the truth with you." I hand a hidden data card from the power clip, "review this, see for yourself who is in the wrong but what you do with it is up to you. There is nothing critical to my people but it does contain the logs from when my ship first encountered your people." With that I turned around, honestly I was sick of all the colorless gray.