Chapter 6(20) Bravery at Arcadia(Unedited)

Have you ever felt like you were falling?  Uncontrollably falling, unable to save your life and just before you hit the ground you wake up. That's how I feel, well besides the bit about waking up. I am fighting endlessly for control, slowly managing to open my eyes, noticing that I am falling. I see an extravagant floating city that looks like it is made of gold and glass inside the natural orange midday lighting. If it was not for the floating city I would have believed I was falling towards Arcadia Canis. I am getting closer to the city only to see fire and smoke fill the air as the city begins to fall.

     My environment changed, I could hear screaming and barely see a battle raging through the sandstorm surrounding me. Morning turned to evening, smoke spread and ash floated into the sky and a red beam arched through space. The image vanished before the red beam could make contact with the planet.

     I could see a canyon, under a forest canopy, in one word I would call it exquisite. I was racing through the trees feeling a bird like freedom, I was free to fly as fast as I wished. I started to feel the wind in my fur as this scene vanished too.

     I saw an accent of red, a blur of silver, only able to make out three bodies, one too blurred to say who it was the other two looked just alike. They were red and white but one was much taller than the other but they were probably both taller than me. The shorter one seemed mechanical and I am almost certain that the other was Arun. I tried to call out to him before a beeping pulled my attention and I woke up.

     "Sorry to wake you captain, Commodore Balitar said it was urgent," Argos reported softly so he didn't wake Rehana.

     Groaning softly I sat up, "put her through, audio only!"

     "Tanem, I'm sorry if I woke you but the Racalnas have made their next move." She sounds more stressed than normal, which probably means that the Racalnas have a new plan in motion.

     "Give me the details!"

     "They have blockaded Arcadia Canis, we are preparing a counteroffensive and need the Argos Explorer at the coordinates I am sending to Argos.  The briefing will be on the Theta Oria, bring an armored shuttle and your best assault team, I already know that we will want you on the ground."

     "Thanks for the warning Commodore, we will be there soon, Jax out!" I waited for the comms to shut off, it was possible I would have to let the secret fleet fight but Commodore Balitar seemed as content as I did to let them hide till the last minute. The secret fleet consists of only rouge Racosan warships but with the efforts of Racosan Commander Tav Korat the fleet seems to get bigger every day. "Argos alter speed and heading sound alert status and prepare for a combat situation."

***

     "The battle group has blockaded Arcadia Canis,as far as we know, there are no ground troops from the Racosan's yet," Captain Amelia Bontar stated bluntly. "We will gain access to the planet using attack pattern Shiro Echo Three. Also using the A.I.'s Argos, Delta, and Theta to cause additional damage as we enter the atmosphere. Once in the Theta Oria will launch a team of shuttles with New Howler Assault teams to protect the civilians in the living dome."

     Commodore Balitar stepped up, "alright that's the briefing, we hit Arcadia Canis in an hour, Captain Tanem Jax will be in charge on the surface and I will be in charge of the space forces. Dismissed!"