Chapter 5(19) Rouge mercies(unedited)

It's been three months since the events at Saltaner, in that time the Argos Explorer had been crippled and was mostly operational again. I had to wonder what all we would face in the depths of space but I guess not knowing was one of the challenges, even so, the dust nebula we are in justifying that question. What all is out in the universe? According to sensor readings and telescopes in the Aligned Coalition of Planets, it does not exist but it's hard to say it doesn't when we are currently inside of that very nebula. It's honestly fascinating. When inside you can see everything but outside you see empty space on sensors, good thing we had a window on the bridge or we would have been crushed immediately. As for the reason, we are working on repairs, well that's a long story for another time.

Argos has been working on his special project every chance he has gotten since Saltaner. He actually thinks it will work and is in the final testing stages so everyone can eat breakfast before today's main event. I mean how often is it you get to meet a person who should have died hundreds of years ago that has been slightly removed from time? That can't be answered because this is the only time it has ever been recorded.

Collin had a bit of a problem with his arm for a while and almost left my crew but I talked with him about it, not actually sure what I said now either. Does it matter if it worked? He doesn't hate me either so I must have pointed in about protecting Zane and Daniel as well as his extended family that includes select members of the fleet. Since then he has doubled his efforts to end the war by whatever means necessary even if it means genocide but I don't blame him either. I just have to hope he won't kill every Racosan that stands in his way, he is a good person even if it is hidden at the moment but he is better than he was after the battle of Saltaner.

Stepping into the ships medical bay I observed everyone turning to me and saluting me, as ordered by command since Admiral Devens' death by no other than Mike Zaryal, I hate it and need to order the crew to treat me as if he never created the order for all crews. The problem is that the crew taught my projects over the past three months to follow that directive, that's why my eyes are halfway closed and I am glaring directly at the person at fault, Zane who I know started it thanks to Argos. I hate it but I have to admit that his antics as well as the antics of the new ship combat AI's Gear and Chrono have taken the crews moral back to what it was before the war. For that, they have my thanks. Chrono is the color of Zane's eyes, even though I have fought the program for him to register orange on the projectors he simply reverts his program. Gear is yellow like the star that earth orbits, actually scratch that he is more of a gold but I set the color so let me call it yellow.

Argos appeared to be deep in thought as I scowl at Zane briefly getting a sly grin that said, "what are you going to do about it?" I knew that was what he was thinking and it has become a joke between the two of us since he taught Gear and Chrono to salute me.

"I can throw you out an airlock," I suggested to Zane getting a grin that dared me to try.

"But you love me too much Captain," Zane said not knowing how true it was.

"Fine, the brig for a month!" I use as a counter but only for Zane to laugh when Collin glares at me for even remotely joking about the idea. There was no hate or anger in his glare but it did ask me if I would really even consider doing that, the answer was no, I would not put Zane in the brig but it was worth it to see Collin's face at the mention of that possibility.

Argos looked toward the group, "Captain we are ready, awaiting your authorization!" I stood at attention knowing that this was why I joined the fleet, to be there when something unbelievable happened.