Chapter Three

Carter's POV

"Sorry babe, I gotta take this. See you later" Pierson pulled his phone out from his pocket and lifted it up to his ear, walking away from me. I looked down at me feet in disappointment and wandered into the gym.

I didn't think much of it, maybe he's just having family problems again. But why wouldn't he tell me? We tell each other everything. Well, so I thought. I brushed off the thought and entered the locker room.

-o-

As I exited the locker room and entered the gym, I noticed that Andy was standing in the doorway, which was odd considering he wasn't in my gym class. But you know who is? Pierson, but he wasn't there. Where could he be?

He turned his head in my direction and his eyes lit up. "Carter!" He waved me over. I gave him a confused look and shook my head. "Just come here!" He shouted across the gym, everyone stared at him. I continuously mouth the word "No" and shook my head. "Fine!" He marched in the gym, pushing past a group of girls.

"What do you want now? I already let you cheat off of me in journalism, I'm not letting you cheat off of me in gym too" I crossed my arms across my chest as he stood in front of me and began to laugh. "How could I possibly cheat off of you in gym? Especially when I'm not even in your class?" He continued to laugh, my cheeks burned with embarrassment.

"Shut up, you know what I meant! But seriously, what the hell do you want?" I raised my eyebrow at him, he copied me. "Knock it off!" I couldn't help but laugh a little at how stupid he looked copying my every move.

"Alright, alright I'm sorry. On a serious note, we need to talk in private. As soon as possible" His mood totally changed within seconds, it kind of scared me a little. "No way, I'm not going anywhere private with you" I backed up a step, Andy reacted by rolling his eyes.

"Oh my fucking God, that's not what I mean! Please just trust me on this-" I cut him off. "Trust you? Is that a joke? I barely even know you" I could tell I was pissing him off. "Carter, can you shut up for one second? This is serious!" My eyes widened at his sudden out burst.

We stood silent for a minute until I raised my eyebrows, signaling him to continue. "Just meet me in the auditorium after the last bell, okay? It's important" I could sense the anxiousness in his voice. "Fine. But I swear to God, if you try to pull something, I will kill you" I pointed my finger at him, he raised his hands in surrender. I smirked and walked away from him.

-o-

Andy's POV

I sat in History, watching the clock on the wall. 5... 4... 3... 2... The last period bell rang. I gathered up my books and walked out of the classroom. I took the long way to the auditorium so I had time to think about how I was going to break the news to Carter.

Should I even tell her? It really isn't my place... But then again, she deserves to know. I would feel so guilty if she found out on her own. I said to myself as I stood in front of the theater door. Maybe I should just go home. This was a bad idea. My conscious wouldn't leave me alone.

After a few minutes of arguing with myself, I decided to go in. When I entered, Carter was already in there, she sat in the last row of seats. "It took you long enough" She turned around to look at me. "Yeah uh, sorry about that" I said awkwardly as I sat next to her.

"So what did you need to tell me that was so important?" She stared at me, her green eyes sparkled. You can do this, just say it! My conscious budded in. "You're right, I can do this" I accidentally said out loud. "Um, what can you do?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Oh, um nothing. What I meant to say was-" My heart was beating rapidly and my palms began to sweat. Why am I so damn nervous? Maybe it's because you're about to break this girls heart and you don't even know her last name. I want to slap myself in the face.

"Was what? Come on I don't have all day here" She tucked a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. I took a deep breath and just let the words flow out of my mouth. "Pierson is cheating on you" She just stared at me blankly. "I over heard him talking to some girl on the phone, he was saying some pretty inappropriate shit" She broke out into laughter.

"You can't be serious? You're joking right?" Her laugh echoed throughout the empty auditorium. "Why would I be joking?" I was taken back by her reaction. "Andy, come on. Are you seriously playing stupid? You clearly like me and you thought that if you could break Pierson and I up, then maybe you would have a chance with me"

I was in such a state of shock. "What? No, Carter I'm-" She cut me off. "It was a good plan, but I'm not stupid. Pierson wouldn't break up with me-" Her mood changed from bubbly and joking to pissed and serious. "I knew this was a waste of my time" She gathered her things and stood up.

"Carter I wouldn't lie about something this serious!" I stood up and started following to the door. "And yet you have. Oh, and there's a test next Monday in journalism. I suggest you study because I can assure you that you won't be cheating off of me anymore" She made her way to the door, opening it. "Oh, and stay out of my relationship" She walked out, slamming the door in my face.

Chapter idea credits to @Aubreebruce :)

A/N: Sooo that took a nasty turn lol, just wait until the next chapter ;) -2 DAYS UNTIL I SEE ANDY IN CONCERT!-