Chapter Nine

I spent the rest of the school day moping and trying to avoid Andy as best as possible, which was nearly impossible considering we had the same journalism class. I tapped my pencil and kept my eyes focused on my paper.

I looked up every now and again to copy down what was on the board, but every time I did, I would see Andy staring at me as if I were the notes he was supposed to be copying down. I rolled my eyes dramatically and gathered my books, I stood up and walked out of class without a word.

"Carter please just listen to what I have to say" Andy called after me from the end of the hallway. I ignored it and stopped at my locker, fidgeting with the dial. Andy's heavy footsteps got closer as I began to get frustrated with the knob. "Carter-" He slammed his hand against my locker, keeping it closed.

"I told you that I don't want to talk to you" I sighed and avoided eye contact because I knew that if I looked into those beautiful blue eyes of his I would never be able to hold my ground. "Give me a reason" He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against my locker.

"A reason? I have thousands, but to begin with, you're my stepbrother for God's sake!" I turned to face him. "Exactly I'm your stepbrother, which means you should talk to me and get to know me better" He smirked, pissing me off even more.

"Or how about the fact that you used to hate me last year? All of the names you called me made me hate myself even more. I starved myself because of you!" Tears brimmed my eyes as I raised my voice. Andy's face was as pale as a ghost.

"Carter I'm-" I was on the verge of releasing all of the anger built up inside of me. "No! I'm so sick of your excuses. Nothing you say will ever make up for how you made me feel. You try to kiss me once and I'm supposed to get over everything you did to me? Nice try, but it's not that easy"

My face was bright red and my eyes were swollen. I opened my locker and put my books in it, slamming it shut and walking away. Andy stayed where I had left him. I walked out to the student parking lot, sat in my car, and cried for 10 minutes until I realized that I needed to get my mind off of all of this.

I couldn't let him know that I was hurt because that's what he wanted, so I sped home and decided that I needed to go on a shopping spree and treat myself for once. I ran up to my room and grabbed the money I had been saving that was hidden in a shoe box on the top shelf in my closet.

There was a knock on my door. "Carter, is that you? Why are you home so early" My mom peeked her head into my room. "I didn't feel good. I'm going shopping" I grabbed my wallet and stuffed all of my money it. 

"Honey, you can't go shopping looking like that! Your eyes are all puffy. Is it your allergies again? Here, I'll get you some cucumbers" I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Mom, I'm fine. I'll be home later" I pushed passed her, jogged down the stairs, and walked out the front door.

I got into my car again and thought: Andy won't even recognize me tomorrow, and that's exactly what I want. I put on the punk rock station I turned up my car radio to 30. Time to bring back my scene phase.

A/N: Okay yikes this chapter sucks and the ending doesn't make much sense but I promise the next chapter will be better okay bye ily <3