Chapter Eighteen

"Carter!" She slipped out of my grasp and fell onto the floor. The whole club froze and turned their attention to me. "CC! Jake! Jeremy!" I shouted for the guys, obviously needing their help. All three of them quickly ran over. "I think she was rufeed" I began to panic. "Help me pick her up" We each grabbed a limb. "Someone call 911!" Jake shouted, by then, the music stopped and the club formed a circle around us. 

"Let's get her outside" The chilly air hit us when Jeremy kicked open the club door. We set Carter down on the side walk, her head rested in my lap. "Who did this?" CC paced back and fourth. "It had to have been Pierson" I muttered, caressing Carter's hair. She laid in my lap, passed out. First responders pulled in quickly, hopping out of the ambulance. Two of them pulled out a gurney and the other calmly asked us questions.

"Can you tell me exactly what happened, sir?" He asked me, checking Carter's pulse. "We were arguing and then she just collapsed. I think someone spiked her drink" I told the EMT as they lifted Carter onto the gurney. "Did you see anyone suspicious hanging around her at all?" He took out a notepad and jotted everything down. "I know she came with her ex, his name is Pierson McKinly, he might have something to do with it" I ran my fingers through my hair, impatiently standing still. "What's your relationship with the victim?" I hesitated. "I'm her, um... her stepbrother" He noddded and closed his notebook.

"Alright, come with me, sir" He gestured for me to get into the ambulance. I quickly turned to face the guys. "Call my dad, tell him to meet us at the hospital with Eleanor" I tossed Jake my car keys and climbed into the back of the ambulance.

Carter's POV

My head was killing me and my vision was blury. Where am I? I asked myself as I sat up slowly. I took in my surroundings and tried not to panic. Why am I in the hospital? What happened? Where is everyone? I couldn't remember anything from the last 24 hours. 

"Andy?" His familiar face walked into the room. "Oh, you're awake. How are you feeling?" He asked nervously. "Why can't I remember anything? " I started to tear up. "What happend to me?" Andy tugged at the back of his neck with both of this hands, staring the ceiling. "Someone spiked your drink last night while you were at the club with Pierson, but nothing else happened" He took a seat in the chair across from the bed I laid in.

"Wait what? Why was I with Pierson? Why did I go to the club? Who spiked my drink?" I asked in disbelief, tears rolled down my cheeks. "Relax, I'll explain that all later. I suggested to the EMT that is was Pierson who spiked your drink, but apparently it wasn't" Andy was clearly stressed out. "How do you know nothing happened to me?" I was so overwhelmed. "Because I was there. I came to take you home, but before I could, you passed out in my arms" I shook my head at my own stupidity.

"How could I let this happen?" I asked myself, drying my tears. "I'm gonna go get Eleanor and the doctor" He stood up and started walking out. "Andy, wait" He stopped and looked at me. "Thank you" I smiled as he nodded and walked out.

A/N: Short update, but it's better than nothing I guess.