Chapter Twenty Four

Andy's POV

After my visit with Carter I went home with intentions of never going back. I showered one last time, and ate my last family meal with Eleanor and my dad. I went to my room, which was still full of boxes, and cleaned it up the best I could. After what seemed like an eternity of procrastinating, I grabbed my jacket and my keys and headed out of the door. I didn't tell Eleanor or my father where I was going because they would find out soon enough.

I pulled out of the driveway at exactly 11 o'clock, but I was in no rush so I didn't arrive to the police station until half an hour later. I parked my car and sat for a moment thinking of what my life would be like in prison, I then began to second guess my decision, but then the image of Carter sitting all alone in that room popped into my head. 

Without hesitating, I unclicked my seatbelt and walked right through the main enterance where I was greeted by the same two police officers that had interrogated me. "Andy, nice to see a familiar face. How can we help you tonight?" The larger cop asked. "I did it. I was the one who poisoned Carter." I replied, they shared worried looks.

Nick's POV

I was giving Carter her nightly dose of medications when I was paged by the main office. I kissed her on the cheek and said goodnight, shutting and locking her door on the way out. I took the elevator down and typed in my key code, gaining access to the windowless room. I was greeted by Nancy, the original head mistress who had worked here since it had opened in the late 1940's. 

"Good evening Nickolous, I have a few questions to ask you regarding your assigned patient, Carter Victoria." She gestured for me to sit down at her desk. "I had recieved a call, not long ago, from a local police department stating that an Andrew Biersack had admitted to some sort of... injustice towards this patient and it was brought to my attention that he had visited her not long ago, even though in her papers here, it says that she is still on probation." I was in absolute shock.

"Head mistress, I had absolutley no idea that he had done something to harm my patient, she was the one who had asked for visitation and I only agreed because I truly believed that it was in her best interest. However, I do have a confession to make. The patient had been in denial about her incident, and I began to believe her. I conducted research based off of her files, but now that he confessed, she has no reason to be locked up here." I was in the process of trying to wrap my head around the fact that her own stepbrother would want to hurt her.

"Nickolous, that is beyond the point! You broke basic regulations and put a patient in danger, and now you are telling me that you encouraged this patient to believe that she had no reason to be admitted here? I don't think I have any other choice but to reassign you to a different patient in a different ward." I shook my head in objection.

"Head mistress please, just hear me out. I believe that I have created a special bond with Carter, and not just over her doubts on her mental health, but over everything. She trusts me, and only me. If you reassign her to someone else, I can promise you that she won't show any progress." I was basically on my knees begging Nancy to let me keep mCarter as my patient, even though I knew that she would be sent home sooner than I had anticipated.

"It was my first and last mistake, I swear that it will never happen again. please, just let me stay with this patient, she needs me." Nancy sighed and scribbled down notes. "Fine, considering she will be discharged soon anyway, I guess you can stay with her for the time being. But, I am writing you up, and you are in charge of discharging her." She pointed a warning finger at me. "Thank you, head mistress." I smiled and then she dismissed me.

-o-

A/N: Hello loves! I am SO sorry that it took me so long to update, and I'm sorry that it's short, I hope you like it though, let me know what you think!