Robb Stark x Reader (1)

"(Y/N), could I ask you for a favor?" Lady Catelyn Stark speaks from across the room. As a new servant for Lady Stark, you were still unfamiliar with the family. So most of the time, you stood off to the side, quietly awaiting an order.

"Of course, my lady" you reply, stepping out from the shadows to approach her. She looks at you before speaking, smiling sweetly as she does which you find strangely comforting.

"Could you find my son and tell him that I must speak to him at once?". Your heart drops at her request, nerves taking over. You had always admired Robb from a far, but he didn't even know you existed. As nervous as you were, there was no getting out of this situation. Tonight would be the night of finally talking to your crush - and most likely embarrassing yourself in front of him. Without saying a word, you nod your head at her request and begin making your way towards Robb's tent. The closer you get to his tent, the more you begin to tremble. Sure enough, there are 2 large guards dressed in heavy armor blocking off entry to the tent.

"Where do you think you're going?" one of them says, towering over top of you. Looking over the guards shoulder, you could just barely see inside the tent through a small crack that appeared from the wind. You could see Robb sitting at a table with several of his men. He just so happened to look up at the perfect time, eyes locking with yours. You nervously turn your head away, resuming your attention on the guards in front of you.

"I have a message for Lord Stark" you say rather quietly, fear making your voice small.

"He is not a lord, but a KING - and you will address him as so" the one on the right replies in an angered tone.

"I - I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" you begin to speak, when suddenly Robb exits the tent appearing in front of you. You have never stood this close to him before, and you are amazed at how he is even more handsome up close.

"It's alright, let her in" he orders to which they instantly step away. Robb holds the tent open for you, adorably smiling at you as he does.

"Thank you, your grace" you manage to say, locking eyes with him and returning the smile. You step in to the large tent, Robb following close behind.

"Give us a minute" he speaks to his men. You await as the men pile out of the tent, now leaving you and the king completely alone. He turns to face you, standing unusually close which only intimidates you more.

"What can I do for you, my lady?" he asks, patiently awaiting your response. You look up at his gorgeous blue eyes, immediately chickening out and returning your gaze to the floor as you speak.

"Lady Catelyn sent me. She wishes to see you"

"Oh - so you are the new servant my mother told me about" he says, running a hand through his gorgeous hair.

"Yes, your grace"

"She did share with me about your beauty, but I never expected you to be this gorgeous, my lady" His words bring you to a bright red blush, feeling the heat rush to your cheeks.

"Th- Thank you. That is very kind of you to say"

"Are you alright?" he asks, catching you off guard. His hand is suddenly under your chin, forcing you to look up at him. "You look a little pale"

"Yes, your grace. I am just getting over a small sickness" you lie, trying to read his mysterious expression but his face reveals nothing. When he releases his hand, you feel your self relax a bit. The feeling of something nudging at your leg startles you, stepping forwards and straight into Robb's chest. His hands find your waist to steady you, followed by a laugh he fails to hold back.

"I'm sorry my lady, my dire wolf likes to get in all sorts of trouble". You look over your shoulder revealing what was nudging you. A large grey wolf stands directly behind you, watching you innocently before pushing his nose against your leg once again. He licks at the fabric causing you to let out a laugh along with the king.

"I think he likes you" Robb says, motioning for his wolf to come to his side. He pats the top of his head, and you can immediately see how strong of a bond they have.

"He is beautiful" you say, reaching out to run a hand through his soft fur.

"Thank you. His name is Grey Wind"

"That's a nice name. Did you come up with it?" you ask, smiling at the wolf who looks happily up at you.

"I did. His brothers and sisters are with my brothers and sisters" he explains. "I can tell you more after I speak to my mother. Would you like to wait here and keep Grey Wolf company?" he offers.

"I'd love to" you immediately accept, leaning down to use both hands to pet Grey Wind. "I'm sure he'd love my company" you joke, although the dire wolfs excitement seems to intensify. He knocks you off guard, tackling you to the floor leaving you defenceless to against his licks. You try to push the furry beast off of you, but he is much to heavy for a weak girl such as yourself.

"Grey Wind! Down!" Robb shouts, the dog instantly responding to his owners command. You lean up, wiping the slobber off your face. Robb offers you a hand to which you accept, intertwining your fingers with his as he pulls you too your feet.

"I think he likes you a little too much" Robb teases, still hanging onto your hand. The nerves return to you as the space between your bodies is thin. He looks deeply at you with what seems like admiration, and you know you stare at him the same way.

"You probably shouldn't keep your mother waiting any longer" you remind him, finally breaking the awkward silence.

"I'll be back shortly" he whispers, squeezing your hand gently before exiting the tent.

<The End>