Tyrion Lannister x Reader (1)

"Please your grace!" the man begged, already bloody and bruised. You watch along with several others as a father who only stole food for his starving children is brutally beaten by King Joffery's loyal men. His children stood in horror, some as young as 7, tears streaming down their innocent faces. With every cry that escaped the father's mouth, rage continued to build up until you could not take it any longer. You storm out towards the defenseless man, all eyes now on you. 

"That's enough, your grace. The poor man has had enough!" you shout, trying to push one of the Lannister guards off of him. Being the weak lady that you were, it didn't take much effort for one of them to push you away, your body crashing hard on the floor. 

"Who are you to interrupt a king's punishment!?" Joffery yells, standing up from his iron throne in frustration. He was right. Who were you? You were a nobody in kings landing. 

"I'm no one special, your grace. But you can't expect me to watch you beat an innocent man to death" you say, struggling to stand back on your feet. You watch as the boy kings expression fills with rage, the queen and her brother Tyrion watching him closely. 

"Then you should have closed your eyes and stayed where you were" he replies, and you know you've pushed him to far. Within seconds, his men have you trapped in their tight grip. "Someone must be punished, and since you've done the honors of stepping in for this worthless man, It's only right that that someone is you. Guards!". Before you can see it coming, you are struck in the gut causing you to fall over. The next blow strikes you in the rib cage making it almost impossible to breathe. You can just barely make out Tyrion's words over the sound of your cries as you are continuously hit from almost every direction. 

"That's enough! Are you that much of a moron!?" Tyrion shouts, directing his words at the king.

"You can't speak to me like that!! I'm a king!!" Joffery whines. 

"Then bloody act like one!". You can hear the sound of a slap echoing through the air and you know that Tyrion had just struck the king. "Bronn, get these animals off of her" he orders. By this point, your body is bruised badly, leaving you unable to pick yourself off the ground. Even though Tyrion was small, he still managed to somehow get you off of the ground before Bronn picks you up to carry. They walk you out of the room, and lead you straight to the Maester. 

"Thank you, Bronn. You can leave us now" Tyrion orders once you are set down on the bed for the Maester to assess your injuries. You turn your head weakly, watching as Tyrion pulls up a chair to sit beside you. 

"Don't you worry. The maester will have you fixed up in no time" he says, trying to make you feel better. It's hard to speak, but you eventually manage to regain your words. 

"I shouldn't have gotten involved. I'm sorry. That was stupid of me". 

"Well, at least you are smart enough to admit it, my lady" he replies, smiling down at you. You knew Tyrion to be a kind and honorable man, and you would be forever grateful for what he has done for you today. 

"I'm sorry my lord, but I must remove her clothing to treat her wounds" the maester interrupts. Tyrion looks from you to him, then back at you before standing up from his chair. 

"I'll get going then" he says, leaning down to quickly kiss your hand before exiting the room. 

*A couple hours later* 

When the maester has finished, you feel well enough to walk on your own. You thank him and slowly making your way out of the room. You still felt sore, but the pain wasn't nearly as bad as it was thanks to the milk of the poppy. Making it not too far down the hallway, the sound of bickering voices captures your attention as you walk by a room. You knew it was wrong of you to eaves drop, but the voices belonged to Cersei and Tyrion leaving you curious. 

"How dare you interfere with my sons orders?!" She speaks, anger causing her voice to shake.

"How do I put this nicely.. your son is quite frankly an idiot. Who beats a poor defenseless girl in front of hundreds?" He replies, sounding much more collected than his older sister.

"Don't act like you're some hero. You and I both know your reasons behind saving the girl"

"Oh? Then tell me my 'all knowing' sister, what reason could I possibly have for doing such a thing?" He asks, clearly unamused.

"You want what's between her legs.." she hisses, your eyes widening from her words.

"Oh I'm sure many men do, but that isn't the only reason. Now get out. I don't need a lecture from you" he orders.

"Excuse me-"

"You heard me. Out." You panic when you hear the Queen's rapid footsteps approaching the door. It was too late to run for it so you do your best to act like you are casually walking by. When she steps out, her face reveals just how angry the conversation with Tyrion has left her. Her frustration keeps her distracted, not even noticing you as she quickly walks by. You continue your walk, relieved that you managed to avoid her. 

"(Y/N)!" you hear from behind you, turning around to see Tyrion outside the door. You approach him with a smile, trying to forget about the words you heard. "You look well. I see the Maester did a good job" 

"I do feel a bit better, my lord" 

"Why don't you come in for a minute so we can talk" he offers, holding the door open for you. You nod your head, stepping in and taking a seat. Tyrion closes the door and pulls up a chair to sit directly in front of you. It isn't until you are both alone that you begin to feel nervous. It has just dawned on you that you still haven't thanked him for what he did. 

"I should start off by saying thank you for what you did. I am forever grateful, my lord" 

"You don't need to thank me. I did as any sane man would" he replies. He looks down at his lap, a stern expression on his face as if he is contemplating something. After a minute of silence, he reaches out to take one of your hands in both of his. 

"I want you to know that if you ever need anything, you can come to me. I wont let my stubborn sister or insane nephew harm you, do you understand?" he explains.  You could feel butterflies in your stomach, knowing full well that you are slowly starting to fall for him. 

"Yes, my lord. Thank you" you reply, leaning forwards to rest your free hand on top of his. 

<The End>