Jojen Reed x Reader (1)

No. Not again.

You run as fast as your legs can take you, crashing onto your knees. You position yourself above Jojen, carefully allowing his head to rest against your hands while the rest of his body shakes violently. Your panic filled eyes look up to find Meera's, his sister already fighting to hold back tears.

"He's choking!" you shout loudly, forgetting that you're supposed to be in hiding until Bran reminds you.

"Shhh, they'll here us" he whispers, trying to get you to quiet down.

He'll be okay... Just like all the other times you tell yourself in an attempt to calm down. Unable to do anything but wait it out, you silently pray to the old gods. If anything were to happen to Jojen, you would be completely lost without him. He's gotten you out of more horrible situations than you can count, forever in his debt. Please... let him be okay.

Just as you finish your prayer, Jojen's body stops shaking beneath your hands. When you look down at him, his eyes flutter open staring into yours. A wave of relief crashes over you, your lips pulling up in a smile only briefly before disappearing at the words of an unfamiliar voice.

"Take them" a man orders, several of them moving to obey his command. Before you have time to react, you are pulled away from Jojen's recovering body.

"Stop! Let go of us!" you shout, arms now restrained behind your back. You watch as the men violently pull on Jojen to stand him up followed by one of them reaching out to take Bran.

"Hodor! Hodor!". By this point, every one of your group members has erupted in chaos, trying to fight against the people pushing them forwards, leading you all towards a tent.

The man holding onto you appears to be the leader as he commands the others on what to do.

"Make sure they are all tied up. Especially this one" he says, his warm breath against your neck. "I don't want her escaping before tonight". He pushes you forwards, slapping your ass hard before you tumble onto the cold ground. You are dragged along by his men, forcing you to sit as they tie you into the circle of your friends.

When they all finally pile out of the tent, everyone exchanges worried glances.

"Is everyone alright?" Jojen asks, his eyes on you. You could tell by his voice that he is still weak from what happened earlier.

"We're all okay.. for now" you reply, looking down at the ground. You wont admit it to your group, but you felt an extreme feeling of uneasiness in your chest, scared at the thought of what will happen when those men come back. "What about you? How are you feeling?" you ask, staring back at Jojen.

"I'm okay now.. But you don't look okay".

Your efforts of trying to conceal the fear that you felt were of course unsuccessful with Jojen. He was always good at reading you, which was one of the many reasons you had such a strong connection with him.

There was no point in replying when Jojen knows exactly how you feel, so you choose to remain silent instead.

"Don't be scared. I promise I won't let anything bad happen to you" he says, his expression serious. You knew it wasn't a promise he could keep, yet your heart still skips a beat from his words.

When your eyes finally break away from his to examine the rest of your surroundings, you notice that the others have been watching you both closely, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. Meera is especially giving you a strange look, and you know it is only because she is protective of her little brother.

With nothing to do but stare around such a small tent, your tiredness gets the best of you. Your eyelids shut, and you are finally at peace for a moment until the sound of footsteps entering the tent jolts you back to reality.

The same man who had captured you before has entered with the biggest smile on his face, walking straight towards you. With your arms completely restrained, he uses the opportunity to lean in front of you and stroke your cheek.

"Such a beauty.." he whispers, his finger now trailing against your lips. "Get her up!" he shouts, two of his men closing in on you.

"What are you doing?!" Bran asks, struggling to shift himself upright.

You stand completely defenseless in front of the rest of your friends as your hands are tied above your head.

"Leave her alone!" Jojen shouts, his voice small over the sound of Hodor panicking.

The creepy man steps towards you, his hands now running up and down your body. You tense up, trying to step away from his touch the best you can. This only results in him grabbing onto your hips, violently pulling you against his body. You feel completely disgusting and humiliated as you are harassed in front of everybody.

"HEY!" Jojen shouts loudly, finally capturing the mans attention only momentarily. He looks over his shoulder at Jojen.

"Shut your mouth before I shut it for you" he threatens, resuming his attention to you. Jojen doesn't give up so easily.

"Stop it! I said leave her alone!"

His hands finally drop from your body, although you remain tense when he turns to face Jojen, pulling out a knife.

"One more word and I'll cut that tongue out".

You can physically see Jojen swallow, gulping down the fear from his threat before continuing.

"I- I can help you" he says, the man immediately erupting into laughter.

"You? Help me? And how would you do that?" he asks, clearly amused from the situation.

"I have green sight. I have visions of future events" Jojen explains.

"Why would I believe you?" he asks, not buying it.

You knew that this was only going to end badly, and that you had to do something fast. Your eyes find Bran's, hoping that this will work. You do your best to mouth one word to him. HODOR.

Bran looks from you, to Hodor, and you know he understands. You watch as his eyes roll back into his head, followed by Hodors. Within seconds, Hodor is free of his chains, swinging violently at the leader. He takes a step back from Jojen, managing to avoid his first swing. The second one however catches him off guard, knocking him completely out and onto the dirt covered ground. Luckily, the two unarmed men who remain are smarter than they look, bolting out of the tent instead of facing Hodor.

You exhale a giant breath of relief, Hodor breaking you all free before him and Bran returning to there normal selves. You immediately run into Jojens arms, not even caring that the others are watching.

"Thank you" you say, tucking your head into his chest. You can feel his arms tighten around you, pulling you closer.

"It's alright now, but we need to get out of here" he lifts your head up by your chin, forcing you to look at him. "We can do this"

<The End>