Tywin Lannister x Reader (1)

"I need you to sit on the council for me" Cersei says, taking a seat across the room from where you stand. You had been a friend of Cersei's for quite some time now, despite the fact that you too are polar opposites. She is known for being harsh and cruel, while people viewed you as respectful and kind-hearted.

"Are you sure, my queen?" you reply, hesitant about her request.

"It hasn't even been a day since my son was taken from me - murdered by my own brother" she spits, anger filling her eyes at the mention of her younger sibling. "I can't bare to sit at a council as they discuss what to do with the trial. There shouldn't even be a trial.."

"Then I'll do as you wish" you accept, "But I don't think your father will be happy about the temporary replacement"

"Oh he won't care. I know my father very well. I'm sure he will be nothing but pleased to see your precious face"

"Pardon me, my queen?" you ask, confused at what she's trying to imply.

"You really don't know?" She looks at you as if she is trying to study your face, an eyebrow raised while her cold eyes peer into yours from across the room. "Never mind - You should go now, the council's waiting"

*At the council meeting*

When you enter the room, everyone expects you are Cersei, not even bothering to turn there head your way. You walk to approach the seat Cersei normally sits at, passing by an empty chair Tyrion once sat in. The reminder of him being locked up in prison makes you feel bad. You are positive he didn't poison Joffery, yet you didn't have the power to convince the council otherwise. It isn't until you take your seat that Tywin finally looks up and meet your eyes. His expression looks taken off guard, so you smile softly to try and make things less awkward. "I'm sure he will be nothing but pleased to see your precious face" . Cersei's words replay through your mind, trying to shake them out and focus in the moment.

"Did Cersei send you?" Tywin speaks, noticing his tone sounding much more softer than when he converses with others.

"Yes, my lord. She is too heartbroken about her son to attend the meeting" you reply. His blue eyes stare into yours making you feel slightly uncomfortable when he doesn't say anything. "I'm sorry, I hope I didn't disturb you. I can leave if you like -" you begin to stand up but his hand grips yours, stopping you from moving any further.

"No, that's alright (Y/N). You have proven to be trustworthy enough, and it will be good for you to fill my daughter in on what she's missed". You nod your head, his rough hand in yours oddly providing comfort. When you sit back down in your seat, he removes his hand from yours and you return it to your lap. Looking around at the other's who are gathered around the table, you notice there expressions are suspicious of the interaction that just happened. Tywin doesn't seem to care as he is quick to move on to the actual discussion.

"I'm sure all of you know why we are here. My son is accused of murdering the king, his nephew. A trial is in order, and the judges have already been decided. Oberyn Martell, Mace Tyrell, you are here because you will be judging the trial along side me. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please speak up now". The room falls silent after Tywin finishes his speech, everyone exchanging quick glances with one another.

It was easy to see the Tywin didn't wish a fair trial for his son and you understood the reason's why. He had never treated Tyrion like his other children. Although Tywin was a smart man, kind towards you, it didn't change the fact that what he is planning is cruel and wrong.

"My lord, may we speak alone?" you speak up, your voice giving away your nervousness. Tywin looks at you briefly before nodding his head to the others. They take his signal, standing up immediately to exit the room.

"Is there a problem?" he asks, leaning back in his chair and giving his full attention to you. You shift your hands around in your lap as you speak.

"I know it isn't my place to question what you do, but I know what your intentions with this trial are"

"Do you?" he replies, leaning back up in his chair.

"Its obvious to see that the judges you picked are biased. I don't think that it's fair for Tyrion"

"Hes being given a trial. I think that's more than fair enough, wouldn't you agree?". His tone has changed, sounding a bit more serious.

"I'm not asking that you call off the trial, and declare him innocent. I'm just saying that you should treat him fairly. I know how much you care for your family, and like it or not he IS your family. I know your wife died giving birth to him, but that wasn't his fault. I know it's hard to understand, and you probably still love her-"

"I did love her. My feelings have changed for someone else" he interrupts, his expression blank as he scans your face. A part of you want's to run out of the room, feeling so small and defenceless in such a powerful persons presence. Instead, you use the little amount of courage you have to reach out and take his hand in yours.

"Remember, he is your son. Do the right thing". His eyes are glued to your interlocked hands, nothing but silence in the air as he takes a moment to reflect on your words.

"You're right" he finally says, a wave of relief crashing over you. You stand up, squeezing his hand before letting go.

"I'll go fill Cersei in on the news" you say, smiling at him before turning towards the exit.

"(Y/N)" he calls out causing you to pause. You glance at him behind your shoulder. "Thank you".

You nod your head, watching briefly as his mouth twitches into a smile, a rare sight to see.

<The End>