Oberyn Martell x Reader (1)

*Day dreaming about a couple days ago*

You ran as fast as you could down alley ways and short cuts. The men behind you were much faster than you anticipated in there drunk state. You knew that if they caught you, your precious virginity would be a thing of the past.

Turning a sharp corner, you are suddenly brought to a complete stop when you make impact into the muscular chest of another. Looking up, your heart somehow manages to beat faster than it already was, eyes locking with the Red Viper of Dorne, Oberyn Martell.

You can feel his hands around your arms, holding you upright after the collision so that you didn't crash backwards from rebound. He looks down at you with curiosity in his eyes.

"I believe we haven't met before" he says, still holding onto you. "What a lovely first encounter".

His accent is thick making him even dreamier then you remember. You had only ever seen him once before when you were a girl, and he was still just as handsome as you remembered.

You couldn't even find the words to speak, stuck in his gaze, your face only inches away from his. Mentally shaking your head, you finally snap out of it and remember the danger you are in.

"I- I have to go" you say, pulling away from his grasp to resume your run. He however doesn't let you go, capturing you just barely by the tip of your left hand.

"What are you running from?" he asks, but doesn't receive the answer from you. He instead gets his answer from the men who catch up, pausing when they see who you are with. Even in there drunk state, they stare at Oberyn with fear in there eyes before turning to run the other way. You had completely forgotten that Oberyn was known for being a great fighter, the fear now draining from your body.

"Were they bothering you?" he asks with the cutest smile on his face.

You nod your head, eyes bouncing to your hand that is still locked in his bigger one. He notices you staring, releasing your hand so that you can return it shyly to your side.

"Thanks" you say, shifting your weight to one leg.

"What did they want from you?" he asks, scanning you up and down.

"I'm not exactly sure"

"A beautiful girl like your self shouldn't be alone out her in kings landing" he explains, but all you can seem to focus on is how he called you beautiful. You can feel your face starting to heat up from his compliment, turning away from him as best you can to conceal your blush.

"You're right. I 'll return back now" - and with that, you hurry off.

*In present time*

"(Y/N)... hello (Y/N)!?".

Your friend Shay is waving in front of your face, trying to get your attention. You had been so engaged with daydreaming about what happened only a couple days ago that you forgot you were sitting in a crowd.

"Sorry.. I was just thinking about something" you reply, trying not to sound too specific.

Hundreds of people have gathered around to watch the trial of combat for Tyrion Lannister. You normally wouldn't be so nervous, however the person fighting for Tyrion Lannister is Oberyn Martell. You know how great of a fighter he is, but his opponent was double his size and also known for his skills in combat.

"Thinking about something, or someone?" Shay teases, nudging your shoulder. She casually points over to Oberyn Martell who is standing with a women he is commonly seen with.

"Shay, don't point!". You swat her hand away before anyone can see.

"I'm just surprised you like him" she whispers, making you raise an eyebrow. What isn't there to like about him?