Jaime Lannister x Reader (2)

You love him. You love him, a lot. He's handsome, brave, strong, kinder than most of his family. Yet he loved another. Another being his sister - and he probably doesn't even know you exist. You are but a handmaiden to Lady Margarey, rarely getting to see Ser Jaime Lannister. Yet, that didn't stop you from sneaking off to watch him train with Bronn in the courtyard.

Careful not to draw attention on yourself, you sneak out the castle and along the usual path you take. Sure enough, within a few minutes you spot Jaime in the distance struggling to keep his end against a much taller Bronn. Of course, you knew it wasn't a fair fight, even if it was just training. Bronn did have two hands after all.

The tall grass you sat in has managed to conceal you well enough, that is - until today.

"I think we have an audience" Bronn says, turning in your direction. Jaime lowers his sword, turning his head, eyes easily landing on yours. Your entire body screams in shock and embarrassment, clumsily standing to your feet. You step towards them in defeat, wanting so badly to through yourself off the cliff and into the ocean.

"I hope we've managed to entertain you, m'lady" Ser Jaime says, smiling down at you.

"I'm sorry, my lord. I shouldn't have been watching you two" you apologize, shyly glancing up and into his gorgeous eyes. He scans your face for a moment, and you hold your breath.

"I recognize you" he finally says, your body suddenly filled with excitement from his words.

"You do?"

"Of course. How could I forgot the beautiful handmaiden that works for Lady Margarey?". Your face fills with heat at the sound of his compliment, completely shocked and unaware of what to say. Thankfully, Bronn interrupts.

"I think that's enough training for today. Ill see you here tomorrow, same time". You watch as Bronn tucks his sword away, nodding to you before turning to leave you and Jaime alone. You somehow feel even more nervous when Jaime turns to face your body once again.

"So, do you usually come here to watch us train?" he asks, his sword still in his left hand.

"No" you lie.

"Oh.. well that's a shame. I thought you might be interested in knowing how to swing a sword" he says, moving to tuck his sword away.

"Wait. I- I would actually love to know how to swing a sword". He smiles at you big, pulling it back out to shove into your right hand.

"Make sure you have a firm grip" he instructs, tightening his hand around yours so that you are clenching the handle as tightly as possible. When he releases leaving only your strength, you struggle to keep the sword upright.

"It's just as heavy as it looks" you say, your wrist already exhausted from its weight.

"You can use both hands for more control"

"Good idea". With both hands around the base, you feel a lot more steady. You watch as he wanders to the side, pulling a rusty sword from the rack.

"Do you think you can face a one handed man?" he asks playfully, turning to face you. The nerves have begun fading, and you are slowly becoming more comfortable in his presence.

"I wouldn't be able to face a one handed ant" you joke, earning a laugh that escapes his lips, music to your ears.

You take the first swing, to which he easily blocks, your sword vibrating beneath your palms from the impact. You bring the sword back above your head, swinging towards his other side now. Once again, his sword blocks your blow. You both continue like this for several minutes, Jaime blocking but never swinging at you. When you are completely tired out, you throw the sword down in defeat. Jaime uses the opportunity to step forwards and grab you, swiftly turning you around so that your back is against him. His arm wraps around you, the blade of his sword at the base of your neck.

"I win" he whispers against your ear making you breathe even heavier than you already are. When he lets go of you, he leans down to pick up his sword and tuck it away, returning the rusty one to where it belongs.

"Thank you for that" you say, brushing a stray hair from your forehead. "That was a lot of fun"

"It was" he replies, looking gorgeous as the sun sets behind him.

"I should get back. Lady Margarey is probably wondering where I am"

"Will you come back tomorrow?" he asks. He wants you to come back!

"Sure" you reply with a smile, trying your best to appear calm and collected. Jaime steps forwards, gently taking your hand to bring up to his lips.

"Until then, my lady"

<The End>