Tormund Giantsbane x Reader (1)

You spent your first night at castle black. Despite how cold it was, with the occasional strange looks from some of the men, you found yourself happy to be here. You and Sansa were finally reunited with Jon, the Stark siblings together and stronger as ever.

After preparing yourself for another long day, you step out in your boots and begin your walk towards the elevator down. As you are walking, your eyes manage to spot an unfamiliar man keeping watch a top the wall. Although you had never seen him before, you could still tell that something about him didn't quite fit with the rest of the Crows.

He was tall and strong looking, a red tint to his thick hair that trailed down along his face into a full grown beard. As you walk a top the snow in your fur boots, the crunching beneath you manages to catch his attention. He turns just in time to catch you staring, and even from a distance you can make out a trace of green in his eyes.

Having been caught staring, you turn your head to the ground and pick up the pace, rushing to enter the elevator.

When the elevator comes to a stop, you step out and search for Sansa. You find her with Brienne and Podrick, sitting down to enjoy there breakfast.

"Good morning" you say, moving to take your seat beside your sister. They all look to you with smiles on there faces, just as happy as you are to have made it here after such a long journey. You hadn't even realized how hungry you were until you devoured the food in front of you, swallowing your last bite before turning to Sansa.

"Wheres Jon?" you ask, wondering why he hadn't joined you all for breakfast.

"I think he's outside training some of the men" she replies, food still in her mouth.

"I'm going to go find him" you say, picking yourself up to head towards the training grounds.

Luckily, you manage to catch sight of him quick. To the left of him is the man you had seen earlier, towering over Jon with his height.

When you approach, the man's eyes manage to find you first before your brothers. From up close you had to admit that something about him was attractive, and you found yourself smiling up at him before tapping on Jon's shoulder.

"(Y/N)!" Jon says, pulling you into a warm hug. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes brother, I slept fine" you reply, pulling away from him.

"(Y/N), this is Tormund - a wildling and a friend" Jon introduces.

"Hello" you say in your friendly tone. He nods his head at you, his expression still stern and you begin to wonder if the man ever smiles. As you continue your conversation with Jon, you can feel his eyes on you the entire time.

"Are you training the men for the battle?"

"Yes, very soon we will be having a war council. You are welcome to join" Jon replies.

"Of course I'll join. I'll be at the battle after all".

You can tell that both Jon and Tormund have been struck by your words, exchanging a glance with one another before returning there eyes on you.

"(Y/N), I don't think that's a good idea" Jon says, forcing you to be persistent.

"I'm not just going to stay here. Its my battle to fight just as much as it is yours" you reply, beginning to feel angered.

"We'll talk about it later. For now, if you want to help you can start by bringing some of our equipment from a top the wall. We need it here now" Jon explains, trying to change the subject. "Tormund, would you show her where they are?"

"Sure" he replies, beginning his walk towards the elevator immediately. You reluctantly follow, beginning to feel nervous on a long elevator ride up with a man you had only just met. You didn't completely know what it was about Tormund that made you feel nervous. After all, if Jon could trust him then you knew that you could too.

"Your brother is right" his deep voice finally breaks the silence.

"No, no he isn't" you disagree, ready to stand your ground.

"Do you even know how to fight?"

"No.. Well, I'm alright at it" you say, watching as he shakes his head at your answer. "But I can learn" you add.

"Fighting isn't something you can learn easily. It takes time"

"I'm a fast learner". At this point, you are annoyed as to why hes involving himself in the first place. It was your decision, and neither him or Jon could change your mind.

"Listen" he continues, this time turning his body to completely face you. "I'm not trying to come off as a prick or anything - I'm just trying to look out for you, even If we have just met".

His words can't help but put a small smile on your face, touched that he's concerned for someone such as yourself.

"Thank you for your concern, really.. But my mind is made up" you tell him just as the elevator comes to a stop.

Exiting the elevator, you look over your shoulder to see that Tormund hasn't moved.

"Are you coming?" you ask, staring at him momentarily before he finally moves in your direction. You both walk side by side, the warmth of your breaths fogging up the air with every exhale.

"What if something happens to you?" he asks, bringing up the topic again.

"I'll tell you what" you turn to face him. "You watch my back, and I'll watch yours".

You gently nudge him on the shoulder in a friendly manor, hoping he lights up a little. To your surprise, he does exactly that, finally cracking a smile in your direction.

"Alright. Deal" he replies, gently nudging you back. "Maybe after the battle, we can get to know eachother better?"

You raise an eyebrow, smiling up at him. "Yes, I'd like that alot actually".

<The End>