Viserys Targaryen x Reader (2)

Here you were, one of the many people gathered under the pale blue sky to watch as the great Khal Drago wed his new bride. The people around you, including yourself, stood watching in silence as the traditional ceremony of the Dothraki went on. You were quite good at reading people, however it was blatantly obvious to the entire crowd how nervous the Targaryen girl was. Perhaps you were reading to much into it, but some of her actions were as if she didn't want to be here in the first place. 

Admiring her in greater depth, you found yourself intrigued with how much of a natural beauty she was. Her silver flowing hair and blue eyes made it almost impossible to not feel a tiny pang of jealousy. Lucky for you, she had a brother who shared these features you had such admiration for. Unfortunately, you were yet to have a conversations with this Targaryen boy and he stood quite a couple steps in front of where you were.

 Looking through the crowd, you are able to spot his silver hair dancing around in the wind. You ached to see him up close, if only you were standing right next to him... and... *ACHOO*

Leave it to someone such as yourself to sneeze in the most uncomfortable of situations. You could feel the heat rush to your face as the sound of your unattractive sneeze echoed through the silent atmosphere. Thankfully, the majority of people kept there attention on the couple in front of them, except for the man you've been dying to make eye contact with for quite some time now. Although the situation wasn't ideal, your heart still managed to skip a beat at the sight of him looking over his shoulder. His icy blue eyes met yours through the crowd. He grinned as he captured your attention but only for a moment before his focus was taken away by the man sitting next to him who leaned to whisper in his ear. 

As the night went on and the ceremony had finally come to an end, the crowed grew lively with celebration. Your feet began aching from all the standing, and the loudness of the drunk guests was enough to give you a slight headache. With everyone distracted with the drinks in there hands, you used the opportunity to escape for a moment or two. 

You put some distance between you and the crowd, slipping away unnoticed to a comfortable area with a bench for you to rest on. You looked up at the rapidly setting sky, a hint of orange reflecting on your (E/C) eyes. You let your eyelids flutter shut as a warm breeze sends a wave of relaxation through out your entire body. The refreshing atmosphere seemed to quickly do the trick for your headache, that is until a mysterious voice echos from behind you. 

"Can't stand the crowd either?" the Targaryen boy speaks, a cup of wine in hand as he approaches. Your immediate instinct is to stand from your seat and curtsy before him. 

"Lord..." 

"Viserys Targaryen" he finishes, rewarding you with the knowledge of his first name. 

"Is there anything I can do for you, Lord Targaryen?" you ask, masking your nervousness as best you can when he closes the space between you two. He gives you an approving look up and down, sipping slowly from his glass although his eyes never leave your body. There was a confidence about him that captivated you, making it hard for you to look away from him. 

"Quite the beauty, huh?" 

"Oh yes she's very beautiful" you reply, looking over at the bride who seems to be gaining comfort in the presence of her new husband. When your attention returns back to him, his eyebrows are arched in confusion until he realises who you were staring at. 

"Oh no, I wasn't taking about my sister" he corrects with a small sneer. "I was talking about you". 

Your eyes widen as your mind finds it hard to believe that Viserys Targaryen was here complimenting you out of the dozens of beautiful women back in that crowd. Your lips parted slightly from his compliment to try to keep up with your quickened breathing. You let out a nervous laugh before replying. 

"Thank you, that is very kind of you to say" 

"Nonsense. I only speak the truth" he winks, making your head spin. At this point, you had no idea whether you were getting sick, or your head seemed to be spinning from his breath-taking charm. He definitely was the charismatic one in this conversation. You had no idea what to say to keep the conversation going, and so your eyes fell shyly to the ground. 

"I need more wine - care to join me?" he asks, sticking his arm out for you to take.  As nervous as you were, you would be crazy not to accept this kind of gesture.

"I guess some wine could do me good" you agree to his offer, intertwining your arm through his as you re-enter the crowd with a smile on both your faces. This time, all eyes are on you as the majority of women stare with jealous filled eyes, Viserys keeping a tight grip around you. 

"Make way for me and my lady" he orders in a hot authoritative voice, your smile growing at the sound of him addressing you as his lady. 

<The End>